WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:13 AM
North East England.

Hails from England
Talking The Greenies' Room - Let's chat! 2017

Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to all - and please God it's a safe and peaceful one!

LynneD and Wendy posted their good wishes here and that room is now closed!

It's good to welcome newcomers so I do hope they drop in - and would also love to see some of our old friends returning too - you hear me Katherine?

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:37 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: The Greenies' Room - Let's chat! 2017

Yeah Teach.... where you be?????

Oh a lovely fresh room to start the year... Im late as always but

Happy New Year to All
We are sweltering over here, its certainly air con weather. Bring on some rain and clouds.. Never have I seen so many days of cloudless skies.

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 10:09 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Meggsy -You can have some of our Winter weather!!!
While the rest of New Zealand, basks in Summer and hot temps, down here at the bottom on NZ our weather's like Winter - low temps, rain..and more rain and wind. When does our Summer begin!!!! Fed up with it now!

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2017, 03:55 AM

Hails from Australia

Viv. I'll gladly take it, send it over!!!!

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2017, 08:31 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Viv - sounds a bit English!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:48 AM
A Local Legend

wow Meggsy, I bet you're painting in your thong!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Alexandria, VA

Hails from United States

Greenies meaning people who paint all the botanicals?

I must be new then!
Happy new year Everyone!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:58 PM

Hails from Australia

Welcome Mel. glad you could join us...

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 AM
A Local Legend

where is our good friend Katherine?....I miss cleaning up all her 'cookie crumbs'...that gal sure can devour cookies....

and we haven't been 'blessed' this year yet!,,,where is LynneDe?....maybe she's making clay flowers for the big celebration upcoming in D.C.....

if this keeps up, I'll have to go 'drowl' over in the figures forum again....bet they would love Meggs to model! I would!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

Good Morning, Good Morning....Happy January 4th to all on this hemisphere...it may already (or becoming shortly) the 5th on the other side of the world.

Well, haven't put fingers to clay in several months now...sorry all. I have been busy with a multitude of home repairs, cleaning, visits with my sister by phone and in person and moderating and leading in a call-in prayer line and Bible study groups.

Because of that, my sister is emotionally in the best place I think I've seen in many a year. She is upbeat, stable, and grateful when she has every reason to feel otherwise. On the 18th of January, she is having a double mastectomy due to breast cancer. Our family has a huge history of cancer, mom, both grand-moms, sister, aunt, grandfather and many extended family. But she's secure in her faith, trusting that no matter how things come out in this earth, we have a blessed hope and terrific retirement plan to come.

Regardless of this understanding, there are people in great distress over the news, and I am the matriarch of the family now, so we've been spending a lot of time together over the phone, encouraging one another, praying for her and the family as a whole, just being together. She even told me I have always been her favorite sister! Wow! out of them all, I am favorite...(we are four girls and four boys in our family and one of each is now deceased.)

Although the flowers chosen for the month are a favorite of mine, I don't believe I will have opportunity to try to craft any this month. After the surgery, my sister will have a lot of pain, need great assistance, and I will be there for her in every way I can, even if only in my prayers and heart...she's 30 miles from me, the weather in Northern New England, USA is snowy, icy, bitterly cold this time of year...it takes almost an hour over back roads to get to her place, an hour to come home, so I cannot just pop over whenever...it's an ordeal.

On a bright note, her husband is more caring and loving than he's ever been. I think it's finally hitting him what he may be losing, and for that I'm grateful. I am very grateful for the peace she has, I have...very grateful. So, I don't know when I'll be creating again, but I am building memories...and that's good.

I also have had opportunity to see my son and younger grandson, Parker. The baby will be 2 on January 13th. He's always going to be a baby though, as he has Down's Syndrome. But his sweet toothy grin is amazing! We play peek-a-boo together, and he loves to try to grab my glasses. And my son, an auto mechanic fixed my passenger headlamp so I can see to drive at night if need be. He let me watch, so now I can do it if he's not around. He's a good hugger too. I am so blessed!

But I haven't made any cookies in almost a month, sorry Blue, so clean swept here. I'll get back to baking again soon, I hope. Then you can have some crumbs to clean...

You are a blessing to me, for which I am most grateful; all of you! Glad I can smile and cry with you all as we contemplate of gains an losses of the past year, of the year to come.

Blessings, LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe

Last edited by LynneDe : 01-04-2017 at 12:32 PM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2017, 03:56 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hello and welcome Mel..... yes, we're The Greenies .... seemed a suitable name for our chat thread!

Lynne, you certainly have a full load to bear right now and I'm glad if this little place gives you some sort of haven.
The end of 2017 and start of '17 haven't been good fof us (we're both OK ) but my sister and b-i-l, visiting their son and family in Virginia, are having a traumatic time .... b-i-l has been in hosp for past week with heart disease and having surgery today ....... didn't know there was anything wrong before they flew out and now they must stay for another 6 weeks or so. At least, niece being American, she knows the system and could deal with their insurance!

Then, on the 1st Jan we heard a dear friend had died suddenly the day before ..... such a shock ...... so we're feeling rather down at times ..... unfortunately, this is how Life treats us at times!

Enough! We need some cheer in the room!
The good thing is that some things are looking better for Lynne, things fixed, family seen ..... and our Meggsie is feeling better!

....... and we haven't had any snow ..... yet!!! Cold, but often sunny.

**My SAA website**
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Hi all!

Maureen -So sorry to hear about your friend.

I thought we could all do with a chuckle.
If you all would like to see a couple of funny pics and a doggy story which is quite funny; here's the link to the Animal Inn and another story about Pippa. Just scroll to my last entry.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1418926

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 07:11 AM
A Local Legend

wow 2017 is a slow year....Meggs hasn't insulted me yet!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:24 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

I'm sure she'll rectify that soon blue!

**My SAA website**
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM
A Local Legend

I'm sure her New Year Resolution was "be nice to 'blue in 2017"....