WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
'Round the Campfire ~ January

Welcome to January 2017! I hope this will be a good, healthy, and creative year for all of you!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 09:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ January

Right back at YA!!!!!!!
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Happy New Years to all of you!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
USA

Hails from United States

Happy New Year!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Happy New Year!!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:37 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Happy New Year! We are grand-dog sitting.

Chewbacca was helping me sketch in my big sketchbook!
Winston Churchill
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Happy New Year! I posted early on 1/1 but apparently it got lost. Hopefully the rest of the year is going to go better! Have fun!
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:28 PM
A WC! Legend
Punta Gorda FL

Hails from United States

Got a cold front coming thru tonight Temps expected to go down to 39 degrees in our area!!!!!! Unusual but it happens a couple of times during the winter months - Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Hope you're all settling into the new year nicely. I hope you're all working on some art! I've just finished a commission drawing of a pair of sheep. My client ordered two drawings, so I'm starting the other now. So it's been a nice kick-off to the new year.

I've brought fresh chocolate cake and cocoa.

Hi Richard. Well, that does sound cold. We've been at about -18 a couple of nights, and it's hard to be cold! Hang in there.

Hi Kay. Hope your year is starting out great!

Hi Butterfly88, and welcome to the Southwestern/Western Art Forum! I hope you'll feel right at home and will stick around our fire and get to know everyone.

Hi Mercbill, and Happy New Year!

Hi Jo. Aw, what a great photo! Looks like you and Chewbacca are bonding. Is that the legendary sketchbook you were given and told to fill out? How's that coming?

Hi Rick. Hope you're off to an artful start to 2017.

So, what were your last artworks for 2016? You can post them all in the link. It's always fun to see how the year wrapped up for everyone. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...readid=1371290

I'm hoping we can get more activity and more folks to come visit this forum this year. It's a bit quiet around here...

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2017, 02:32 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Jenna, great goin'! We like to see sheep!

I have been doing my normal nothing. We had a high of 29 degrees day before yesterday and today is supposed to be 80 degrees. They say Texas has four seasons ... and they can all be in one day!

Hope you are all having a great start to the new year with lots of art in your world.
Winston Churchill
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Winter still seems to be upon us (of course, it is January...) We have had major storms for the last two weeks. Supposed to have a few days break starting tomorrow and then rain and snow again beginning next Wednesday. We had a LOT of rain and high winds. No damage at my place and not danger of flooding where I am. Other people weren't so lucky.

I painted at the gallery last Sunday. It was really storming outside but we still had a few people wander in. However, I came down with a bad cold and have been pretty wiped out all week. Going to try to get out for a bit tomorrow and then going up through the mountains to Reno on Monday. Weather looks clear but my return next Friday is looking a little iffy. Might hit some snow. Going to watch it.

Hope everyone is taking advantage of the winter weather and creating some art. I finished on piece last weekend and started another. Working on putting together a new website on FASO. Been using WIX.com but haven't been too happy with it. Hopefully, I'll have the new one up by the end of the month.

I've got coffee brewing and just made some donuts (low calorie, organic, high fiber, etc.). Come have some!
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Just poking the fire back to life.

Hi Jo. I'll get pictures of the sheep and will share them here. Thanks for the encouragement. They will both be done in one more sitting or so. I'm looking forward to the next project, though I've thoroughly enjoyed this one. Wow, now that is a temp swing! We're in the 40s this week, which is nice aside from the melting snow and mud it will create.

Hi Rick. I'm glad to hear you're staying safe despite the bad weather. Sounds miserable and challenging to be sure. It must be fun to paint at that gallery where visitors can come observe you work. I've never done any of my artwork in a public place (I think I'd be nervous and make mistakes). I sure enjoy watching artists at work though. Sounds like you're having a creative year so far. Thanks for the coffee and donuts. Tasty!

Hello to everyone else around here. Nothing too much is new here. I've been working at drawing quite a bit lately. I have several I have to get done this year, but hope to wiggle in some sculpture time soon. I miss that art form in a hurry when I'm away from it. I've also been thinking about something new and different for a change. Maybe a true junk sculpture or assemblage piece for a change. I've been thinking about this for awhile and look forward to getting some time to work on something fresh to change things up.

Have a great day, everyone!

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Immortalized
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States

Hi to everyone.

Yep, winter here too. Although we are in our annual "January thaw" with warmer temps. Last week we had 78 mph wind at our house. Lots of black ice on roads this year, mostly from snow blowing across.

Rick- howdy, glad to see Cali getting moisture, topping off the mountains snowpack is always a good thing. Laramie had -72 wind chill a week or so ago. Just thought you would like to know what your missing! ha Inspiring to read how your art journey has progressed, way to go

Jenna- looking forward to your "junk" sculpture!

Slowly getting my art mojo going.....keep fingers crossed.....

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:02 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Ron, great to hear from you. I had to go put on a flannel shirt from reading your post and it was +75 here today. Yikes your weather has been miserable. Hope you get to painting soon. I have a challenge from my gallery to do some seascape for the April show. I'm going to try!

Jenna, you stay busy and that is great. You have a ton of ideas and put them to work!

Rick, hope you are feeling better and got to get out and paint. FASO is a great company. My friend, Regina, was a tech helper there for a couple of years. If I ever get painting again I may move there. I have done my own website for years and it takes more work than I like these days, ha.

We have been having our typical four seasons here, all in one day ... or at least in one week. A couple of days in the low 40s then the high 70s. I imagine like I said earlier, the 40s will probably come back mid February when baseball starts. I got a couple of new photos from my grandson-in-law of his new calves, so maybe I will try those for painting. If so I will let you guys know.
Winston Churchill
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone. Well, we are wet and muddy around here. It's been a mild streak, and today, what was supposed to be inches of snow has warmed into rain, so it's not too pretty out there. But we're all doing well nonetheless. A good excuse to be inside and making art!

Hi Ron. I'm so glad to hear you're working at your artwork again! Do keep us posted. And I'll be sure and share any junk sculptures I get around to making...a lot of other things on my plate at the moment, so we'll see.

Hi Jo. Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. That means a lot. It sounds like you're all over the map weather-wise. Hope everything is going well for you. Oh, yes! Do paint your grandson-in-law with his calves! Sounds like a great subject matter.

Hi to everyone else. I've gotten the two sheep drawings finished up and will be shipping them off soon. Thought I'd share them here. They're 12 x 12 inches, Faber-Castell brush tip pens with white charcoal highlights on gray-toned paper. I had fun with these.