WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Portraiture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 12:39 AM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States
The 13th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, Sharing & Paintings Thread!

The 13th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, sharing and Paintings thread!

Here forthwith are the 2016 Holiday Pairings ! Thank you again everyone for signing up! I know everyone is looking forward to getting started - the key - is to enjoy the process and the results and have fun! (OK that's "keys" plural.. )..

A little background on the "how" of matching: The pairings were made this year using the rand() function again via Microsoft Excel. I had Excel generate random numbers for each swap member; I then sorted one half randomly, then sorted the other half randomly and then matched the two halves again - randomly. If there is a mistake - please let me know via PM and I will do my best to help! I have a back-up painter ( me! and others my pm me if they wish to take on add'l members) if we need one. I worked to support locale requests but they may not be perfect ( as well as suitably random). I appreciate your flexibility! If I spelled your WC name imperfectly please take it up with my bosses! If you have a problem please email me ! I will do my best to fix it!

This year we would really like it if you would share your Works-in-Progress ( W.I.P's) and finals here and a "selfie" ( portrait of you and your new painting) upon receipt!). Please post at least your final work and a photo of you and your new painting when you receive it! Please be sure to thank your partner for their hard work! Remember the goal is to have these complete and on their way by the first week in December. So get your photos sent as soon as you are able! ( via personal email ).

and now..

the list:

Please note that your partner is to the left -or right and on the same row as you. Example - snapV and shubert are partners - and so on (USA /domestic swap were (hopefully) connected to like-minded folks ;for the rest - the drum roll.. dldldldldldldldldldldldld

Please take nice, clear, well-lit images ( I suggest using a single light source ). Please no snapshots or blurry, poorly lit images.. it only takes a little time to get some nice images for your partner. I find email or dropbox is the best way to share higher resolution ( read: multi-megabyte jpegs).. the PM system on WetCanvas is likely NOT the best way to share images ( they are reduced in quality to 800x800 pixels).

Thank you all and have fun. I am in back-up in-case we get a drop-out and am happy to have other folks in back-up for the swap.

Cheers - Kevin W and the Portraiture Team 2016
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevinwueste

Last edited by kevinwueste : 11-01-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: updated my pairing error
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 06:46 AM
A Local Legend
Pembrokeshire. West Wales UK

Hails from Wales
Re: The 13th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, Sharing & Paintings Thread!

Hi Walter, see we are pared this year, I have some photos taken, will PM you now to find out the kind of thing you would like and exchange e-mails.

Dave.
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
— Allen Ginsberg
Are you ready for a Journey?
PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting please.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Re: The 13th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings, Sharing & Paintings Thread!

My name seems to be missing Hope it can be resolved as I am looking forward to participate.

Edit : I see marialenaS is mentioned 2 times so I suppose there is a mixup between her name and mine so that one of her two partners is mine. So Alane of Nancy S

Last edited by Marie-Thomas : 11-01-2016 at 12:40 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from Canada

Hello to Deanne, far away in the Northern Territory... how exciting! Feel free to PM me, I'm sure I've PM'd you, if I selected the right name. Cheers! Nancy (from the north far north, for sure - the other side of the equator).
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 02:43 PM
California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie-Thomas
My name seems to be missing Hope it can be resolved as I am looking forward to participate.

Edit : I see marialenaS is mentioned 2 times so I suppose there is a mixup between her name and mine so that one of her two partners is mine. So Alane of Nancy S

Marie-Thomas, Either way if fine with me. I'm sure Kevin will get this sorted out soon.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 08:04 PM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States

Hi Guys - let me see what I did! will fix shortly! ( I was attempting to accomodate the USA/domestic requests and that's where it went wrong stand by!
Kevin
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 08:13 PM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States

Fixed - sorry about that ( my eyes are .. not great after a long day of teaching!!!).. it was correct in my sort I just blew it in the edit in powerpoint ( from excel)..

sigh.. have at it! cheers, Kevin
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Cottage Grove, Oregon

Hails from Austria

How can I find the PM of jaxhil na, my swap partner?
Thank You
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 10:54 PM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States

horsthh, please type "Jaxhil" thank you - Kevin
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 PM

xislandman Looking forward to this! I'll PM you now.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Wellington, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

clothespin referee, I have PM'ed you, looking forward to getting to know your face.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Veteran Member
Cottage Grove, Oregon

Hails from Austria

Sorry, but WHERE do I type the name "Jaxhil". I found his profile, but he does not allow PM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 AM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States

horsth, I see that is outside email is set to "no" but Jaxhil may receive PM emails inside the WC system ( the second option) - so it appears that he CAN receive PM messages (unless I am seeing that and you are not). Try that please if you can.

Sorry, as the standard way this works is folks need to email each other starting with a PM via the WC mail system. He (or she) may not even know they have the mail turned off. Likely, at some point the member will see this conversation as well.

Upate: I have emailed Jaxhil to contact you.

Kevin

Last edited by kevinwueste : 11-02-2016 at 12:53 AM.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Veteran Member
Cottage Grove, Oregon

Hails from Austria

I found the second option, sorry for all the trouble.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2016, 04:39 AM

Thanks Kevin for sorting it out.