WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2016, 11:50 AM
North Carolina, USA

Hails from United States
Unhappy Paasche VL Dual, action button is STUCK!

Oh wow,
I found this what appeared to be "pristine" beauty at a garage sale, just like my red Paasche rule action airbrush from when I used to have one.

When I got it home, I found that the action button (Part VL-213) definitely won't push down. After taking apartment the rear assembly, I find I also cannot remove it. It's really stuck down in there. I wonder if someone superglued it? Or maybe it's just really, really stuck?

My question is this: How can I try and safely fix this? Is there a solution I could try soaking it in? Should I just try and really pull with pliers and a rag? Have you EVER had such a problem before? I'm at a crossroads on what to do here...
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2016, 03:09 PM
North Carolina, USA

Hails from United States
Re: Paasche VL Dual, action button is STUCK!

Huh, how about that. I sent an email to Paasche customer service, and they want me to send it to them to see if they can fix it. Cool! I hope they can, because that would be excellent customer/artist service!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2016, 04:52 PM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

put it in a ultrasound bath with an appropriate cleaner (no amonia)... only the pieces stuck, and not the valves... that will clean it and let it loose
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 AM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0TSbagt5k
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

I'm curious Gunterhaus, how did it turn out? I used to be the service agent here in Australia for Paasche airbrush, and over the past 25 years I found them helpful.
The problem you mentioned is not uncommon with airbrushes (can happen a lot with older and gravity feed type airbrushes). Usually paint material gets back pressured into the trigger/plunger area and dries there. This happens because the packing washer on the needle is old or just loose and as many people do; the block the air cap to blow paint back into the reservoir.

Myself??? When they are old and nasty (happens all the time), I chuck the whole darn thing into lacquer thinners, which will get most any paint to let go. I then replace every "O" ring and adjust the pressure on the new packing washer to prevent it happening in the short term. I still use "Needle Juice" by Badger and lube everything.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Enthusiast

I forgot... Thinners won't hurt Paasche brushes. Neoprene Rubber can be and often is affected by hot solvent type thinners. Keep in mind if you use thinners, it's probably best to replace any rubber bits.