WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Call for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2016, 06:49 PM

Hello. Looking for someone to help me with a book

Hello

I am new to this forum and joied because I am stuck!

Briefly I am looking for help in finishing a book I have written for my granddaughter. Some years ago when she was only 3 years old, she sadly witnessed her mummy being crushed by a horse, which reared up and backwards, crushing my daughter, who suffered horrendous injuries.

My granddaughter lives with me. The incident left her with issues. She suffers with nightmares, has invented invisible friends, and constantly goes on imaginary adventures, where she meets monsters and fairies. She is suffering badly at school, due to the fact she seems unable to concentrate on any one thing for more than a few moments.

I often make up stories in order to help realise the difference between fiction and reality. I have been working on an adventure story book where she is the main character, but am now stuck with the illustration. Could anyone on this forum, please help me or point me in the direction, where I may find someone who could create the illustrations for this book at a reasonable cost. It will not be for sale, this is intended as a gift for my granddaughter and to give her a lovely memory of me after I am no more.

Thank you in advance for reading this. I look forward to any replies.

Sea x
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2016, 12:20 AM

Re: Hello. Looking for someone to help me with a book

I would post a few parts from the book, and see what reaction you get. Nothing to lose.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 02:21 AM
Alabama

Hails from United States

That's a terrible thing for a child to witness. Have you considered getting her into a therapist?

I think the book sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't be able to illustrate it, but I hope you find someone here who can. If WC doesn't work, you might try Deviantart.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Lord of the Arts
Kansas

Hails from United States

I would suggest you first create a list of illustrations you need. Then write up a description as best you can of what the illustration would be like. What it says. If you have reference photos mention them.

Secondly, look at the Wet Canvas watercolor forum. Find out who is organizing painting challenges. Send them a Personal Message to see if they would use some of your needs as challenges. If so, you would have a number of possible images created for those needs. Then you Personal Message those artists whose work for the challenge most closely conforms to your need and get their permisson to use the art.

Try that.
.... Dave
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Thank you so much for your responses.

I am sorry I have not replied before now. I really have not been ignoring these. I have not been very well.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will most certainly follow these avenues.

Xxx
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

Did you get my PM?