WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Society
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2016, 01:13 PM
A Local Legend
Darien, GA

Hails from United States
Status Report

I know that many of you in the OP forum are probably wondering about the status of the Oil Pastel Society....or perhaps not. The WetCanvas forum for oil pastels has become a great part of what the Society wanted to accomplish from its foundation. A place where oil pastels is recognized as a fine art medium, the artists who use it could come together to explore its versatility, and new artists to the medium could learn from the experience of others. Pat Isaac was one of the artists instrumental in forming this forum and continued to work with me thru the years!

The Society also wanted to expand oil pastels into an international setting to showcase artists works in the medium. Thru online yearly shows that was accomplished! And many of the artists have been featured in national magazines and shows winning awards for their oil pastel works! No longer are oil pastels thought of as a 'childs medium'.

However, it has come time to quietly exit the stage. Some of you know that membership has been lacking in the past few years leading to the decision to no longer host the annual shows. There was simply no funds for awards. Without the show there was no need for annual dues and a simple start up fee was implemented for new artists to keep the site up and running. That too has not generated enough income for yearly expenses.

My sincere thanks to all who have worked behind the scenes. We truly have accomplished our goals set out those many years ago! At the end of August the site will not be renewed but those who have accomplished Professional and Signature memberships can continue to post that status in their bios! You earned it!

...so...
Keep those fingers "oily"!!
carly hardy
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 09:17 AM

Hails from United States
Re: Status Report

So sorry to hear that. I wonder why new membership is down?

I hope there will be another one in the future.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2016, 01:55 PM
A Local Legend

I've peaked in here for years, having many a smile with Pat, but I see she is not on here...I sincerely hope she is O.K......can you update on her status?...thank you kindly....'blue
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Hails from United States

Bluefish, I am sorry to say that Pat Isaac passed away on July 22, 2016.

We truly miss her as a professional artist and as a beloved art teacher.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2016, 06:17 AM
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Hails from United States

Reading through the posts here, I'm so sorry I was gone for so long. I think the last time I was able to get on here was around 2014 Probably around November/December. somewhere in there. I had my computer crash, life crashed.. nearly everything but the art supplies crashed. then, I couldn't remember passwords, and became very frustrated to the point of stop trying to get on here. I'm sorry to here Pat Isaac passed away. And I find I can't remember a lot of names from that far back. So I'm gathering this section is closed down? or do we still share info and art?
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from Canada

It is sad news is there a way to recover the site show listings for tge past tears and post them here on the dedicated forum for reference. The op society sote was a great gallery of professional works through the years.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2017, 08:02 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

I wondered as I just tried to go to the site. Thanks for the post.