WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Garden of Memories of WC Members
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2016, 11:04 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States
Sharron Shez Marshall (In Memory of Sharrm)

It is with deepest sorrow that I share the passing of our dear friend and very long time WC member Sharron Shez Marshall (WCer Sharrm). Shar was a proud Canadian artist who joined WC in 2003 and many of us have been friends with her from the start. She was generous with her time and her friendships . Her belief in her friends (and new acquaintances) often drove us to be better than we believed we could be. She guided with an open heart, years of wisdom and a wicked (and sometimes terribly corny) sense of humor. She had a smile as bright as the sun.

Sharon loved the art of creating, of learning new techniques,and she particularly was crazy for florals and botanicals. She was happy to lead and guide others on WC with the monthly Plant Parade and was active leader in Weekend Drawing Events and the Acrylics forums.

The last few months of her life, she fought a heroic battle against heart disease and cancer. Her family shared that she was smiling and kissed them each goodbye before she left for a better place. She was many things to many people; a beloved mother, sister, daughter, and friend. To myself and many others she was a teacher, adviser, therapist and sometime shoulder to cry on. Most of all, she was a friend. We will miss her always as she paints the stars above us. Love you girlfriend.

Please add your thoughts and any images you have of Shar/Shez and her work. She loved this community very much.
Li

There are so many images that remind me her, here are are few favorites. ( Okay, more than a few.)

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker

Last edited by lisilk : 04-04-2016 at 11:27 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2016, 11:05 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States
Re: Sharron Shez Marshall (In Memory of Sharrm)

Please add your thoughts.

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-04-2016, 11:59 PM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

So many great pieces she painted. My favorite memory of Sharron, was when I met her in person. We joined WC the same year and 'met' in the AMAE forum. A few years of WDE's later, I was going to another city for an art show I was in and had to pass through the city where Sharron lived and we decided we should meet in person. We didn't have long together only about an hour but we already felt like we'd known each other forever. She was very shy about her appearnce and I really had to talk her into letting my friend talk our photo together and then again to post it on WC. I am so glad I have this to remember her by. You will be missed Sharron but I'm glad you're at peace now.

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 01:31 AM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Oh my goodness, what a shock to hear Shar has passed away!
Will always remember her great contributions to the Plant Parades and the Floral & Botanical Forum. Such a lovely lady - we will sadly miss you very much Shar. Our prayers and thoughts with your family.

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 04:25 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

I'm so sorry to hear this. She was a regular WDE-er and a lovely lady and she will be missed by all of us.

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 09:14 AM
A Local Legend
SE Ohio

Hails from United States

We will truly miss her. It is like losing a friend of the family when we lose someone we have know for years on here. I remember on Facebook she asked us all to do selfie's so we would know what we all looked like. It was a great idea. So glad she is at peace now and know she was with those she loved. Thanks for starting the flower thing for her on Facebook Li. Hope all the love that was sent to her helped her and her family through those long 91 days she spent in the hospital.
Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Here is a red rose she painted in January 2008, a sort of abstract flower with texture, that she was not sure of but everyone liked. She was always open to new ideas and critiques along with learning whatever she could to enhance her art, an adventurous soul I really admired and will miss. Thank you Sharron Shez Marshall for enriching our lives with your beautiful smile and loving heart

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Hails from United Kingdom

One less here with us but one more star above.

A lovely lady with a great sense of humour and great at encouraging us to grow.,

We shed a tear for your passing. Heaven is a lot more blessed by hyour presence.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:59 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

one of her paintings a beautiful Rose,

so thankful for your friendship dear Sharron

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from Canada

Very sad to see this news. She was a lovely voice on the boards. Some poster's character shine brightly amongst the crowd. I sensed a very warm and fun persona, always ready to encourage. We need as many people in this world like that as we can get. Some posters just "make the place". And Sharron was one of them. Sincerest condolences to her family.
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2016, 05:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

...so sad to hear of Shez's passing. A bright cheery soul with a kind caring heart, she will be much missed. Deepest condolences to the family. RIP sweet lady...

...blogspot at http://gardenartjournal.blogspot.fr
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2016, 11:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

I am so sorry to hear of Sharrm's passing, She was a lovely warm hearted friend and will truly be missed . Rest in peace, Sharrm
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2016, 04:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Shar, I will miss your loving help that you always gave to me freely! What a joy to have known you!! We painted flowers and flowers and you loved to grow them, too! Rest in Peace, Sweetie!! Thanks for the memories!! Blessings to your family!!

God bless, Katherine
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2016, 09:32 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Thank you Li, Lorna, and everyone here who contributes to Sharrm's memory. Such a very sweet person. I could not reply when I first read the news, but came back to express how much she will be missed. I am, of course, glad she is at peace and no longer suffering. Her light was vibrant and I will keep her in my heart.