Jinx is tops with me!
My basic approach;
1. make a black tab bead
2. partially melt in a white dot
3. add a smaller opaque 'eye' color, partially melt in
3a. an opaque color partially mixed with white and
pulled into a stringer can make a neat iris.
4. intense black for pupil melt in a bit.
5. you will have a low rounded set of dots, add a clear lens.
.....some examples; http://www.glassartists.org/Gal1045_...the_garden.asp
1. make a clear marble, about 7/8".
2. flatten about 1/5 of the end.
3. add white, heat and flatten
4. add iris, heat and flatten
5. intense black pupil, heat and flatten
6. heat the end of the marble where the eye is and...
6a. I use a 1/2" graphite rod rounded at the end and press the flat area in so it is concave.
7. fill the concave area with clear for a lens
8 finish shaping the marble.
...eye image... with a variation. some design work with gold foil...then the flat spot...trans cobalt blue, pupil, concave, lens and then finish; http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/glassandfire/eye-.jpg
Mike, it is late, tired eyes, E