I've made TWO since
ops: But, each had some ... lets say... issues
. I'll show this one:
Ugh... it's just too rough, and fugly. I think the problems is that I got a little ahead of myself and tried to work much too small too soon. I need to keep working at a larger sizes for now. Since my goal is to make *my personal* ideal teapot -- it's hard not to just focus on what I want. But, I need to remember that the teapot I will keep is not even born yet... it's not even an idea yet.
That said, I've come up with a new way of making handles. Making handles is HARD, since this clay isn't plastic and will crack when bent. I'm having some good luck sculpting the handles from slabs:
This show some bits in my "damp box" I'm trying to make a lot of pieces at once then just assemble them later. That way it is not required to make everything on the spot.
I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.
This little workspace is my happy place!
Though, my husband complains about the pounding some of the time.
Can't wait to post the next (passable) pot. The encouragement really helps too. Some days nothing works. But, that's just part of learning. I have become very critical of the work of others:
I found these on ebay, and started listing the flaws as soon as I saw them.
But, it made me feel better to see that others have struggled with the same things that I do... (lumpy spout, crooked handles, etc.) albiet they struggle much less
I think I'll try to copy this teapot next:
its looks simple (deceptively simple :twisted: ) and yet I think I understand how to make it.
(FYI I have no idea if this ebay auction is a good price or even that great of a pot, I'm just using it for a visual reference, not saying it's worth bidding on!)
Back to the drawing board!