If you've done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we'd really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list Sticky on Art from Life forum:
Here are our rules for this Hunt:
* All items on the list must be sketched from life--not imagination nor photo references
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
Do as many or as few items as you like; you don't have to
finish the entire list to participate! This Hunt will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!
Scavenger Hunt 277, Jul 24 - Aug 1
Something blue (Surprise!)
Something made of glass
A garden tool
A small table (end table or other)
Steps or staircase
A row of something
Mini tool kit (repair kit or other)
Statue or sculpture
Faucet/Tap (in or out)
Prepared food (dinner, snack ...)
A bridge or street corner
Something you dislike
Something you like
Board game or deck of cards
Soft, pillow or other
Challenges for extra applause,
1. Draw the items in order
2. Draw the large appliance with the hand you don't usually use
3. Do a grouping and use color