WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States
The 700 Club Scandal

Here is the article I just read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...142935112.html

The 700 Club seems to have finally crossed the line. Pat Robertson should be ashamed of himself. If this is what the 700 Club calls its spokesman, then it is time for them to get off the air.

Callous disregard for others. Perhaps he needs to be enshrined in the the Tammy Fay Baker museum for the mentally ill.

just a thought.

sad, so sad.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States
Re: The 700 Club Scandal

This guy has been a bit nuts for a long time. And I say this as someone who is religious myself and certainly not anti-religious. But a nut is a nut. What else is there to say.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Lord of the Arts
Potsdam, NY

Hails from United States

This is mild compared to what he usually spews. If it had been said by any other sports fan would it even have raised an eyebrow?

This is our ART: useless, boring, impotent, elitist, and very, very beautiful.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:53 PM
A WC! Legend
Lenexa, Kansas, USA

Hails from United States

What in heaven's name is a "religious leader" doing opining about something as "earthy" as pro football?
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Pennsylvania

Hails from United States

I don't see the big deal about it. I certainly have no love for Pat Robertson but what he is saying is true. Manning has a history of injury and with that is likely to be reinjured. Then the team will be left hanging because if the decisions they made. He did not say anything about wanting or wishing him to get hurt at all. Or that it's gods revenge Coming or whatever. Sure dude is out there but this is so pale compared to the things he has said in the past. Or is it just that he dare talk about a football player who some people seem to worship. Where is the outrage about all the real offensive stuff he has spewed?

Last edited by Gaffette : 03-25-2012 at 11:17 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

This is ludicrous. I've been creeped out by the 700 Club ever since I first tuned in and they were advocating killing Wiccans and new age pagans. I am one. They were literally calling for people to murder me, and this wasn't a scandal? But now because he's got some cockamamie opinion on a football player, that's a scandal? Good grief.

The show goes way out of bounds every single episode, it spews nothing but hate and religious bigotry, but now because it's something to do with football it's out of bounds. Arrgh.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Just Outside Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Robertson also blamed 911 on NY decadence, Katrina on New Orleans' immorality and Haiti's earthquake on voodoo and catholicism.
If I ever get to Heaven and I bump into Pat Robertson I going to have to have a long talk with God about his admissions policy.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Hatred and intolerance, followed by a zealously fervent 'prayer' -- every episode, for years, and years, and years. Yet, somehow, this psycho has been allowed to continue.

I've always considered him to be one of the most potentially dangerous creatures on this planet.

Nothing he says or does could shock or surprise me, at this point. I would love to know the truth of how he's been allowed to continue, though.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Actually... I used the word "scandal" in a sarcastic way, but sarcasm is hard to convey on line.

None of these comments surprised me, they just reaffirmed what I had always believed- TV stations will show anything if they can make a buck- how sad.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast
The O.C., SoCal

Hails from United States

Saw this today, I'll go along with it..

'God Prefers Kind Atheists Over Hateful Christians,' Portland Church's Sign Reads

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

I remember the small 700 Club of the late sixties and early seventies which my mom liked to watch for their music. That was before they become politicized (or wealthy). I'm not religious but I do remember enjoying the bible stories when I was small, it's a shame, that somewhere along the road, they lost their way.
Boomer, I love that sign.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Great sign!

I also remember the original 700 Club was a kindler, gentler place- as a child my aunt would watch in the mornings before the Price Is Right came on, then she would be glued to the CBS soaps all afternoon.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerbeach
Saw this today, I'll go along with it..

'God Prefers Kind Atheists Over Hateful Christians,' Portland Church's Sign Reads

FINALLY....
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM

I'm a Christian and I'm a football fan. I think Denver made the right choice as a football team to try to get Manning. He is a better football player. I hope he doesn't get injured. It is silly for Robertson to say that "it would serve them right" if Manning did get injured.