WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Society
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada
late renewing membership

I have a habit of forgetting to renew my membership. I'm often several months late, and then I don't get the newsletters and don't know what's going on. My own stupid fault. I'm the same with magazine subscriptions and annual checkups.
I have renewed, and got a confirmation, and after that got another reminder to renew.....
Can someone please send me the link to any 2010 newsletters? My old link just goes back to Feb 09.
Thanks!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States
Re: late renewing membership

I did that too. . . I just renewed last month. I was added back on the list but would ALSO love ot know if you get a link to the newsletters as I also do not have one.

Thanks.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 AM
WC! Guide
Stevens Point, WI

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiver
I have a habit of forgetting to renew my membership. I'm often several months late, and then I don't get the newsletters and don't know what's going on. My own stupid fault. I'm the same with magazine subscriptions and annual checkups.
I have renewed, and got a confirmation, and after that got another reminder to renew.....
Can someone please send me the link to any 2010 newsletters? My old link just goes back to Feb 09.
Thanks!

Wendy and Rainy,
Unfortunately there have not been any 2010 newsletters. The reasons are many, but there has continued to be turnover among the few volunteers working to keep things going.

I am working on getting a newsletter out sometimes this week ( ) and hopefully we will get things back on track.

Our growth as a society has been faster than we have been able to change and expand participation.

Hopefully over the next months we will see progress in getting feedback from members on directions they think we should be going and try to evolve an infrastructure that will encourage more participation from members, expand the ways people can get involved actively and help tackle some of the structural problems that have confronted the "staff" in recent months.

The prospectus for the new show should be out soon and hopefully will also be contained in the upcomming Oil Spiel.

The OPS is going through growing pains and I hope members will not only bear with those involved behind the scenes but find ways to help contribute to the future evolution of the society.

These are my personal observations and I am speaking only for myself. We have relied on just a handful of stalwart members to keep the society moving and we are at a point where we need to get more member involvement, IMHO.

I hope this helps.

Bill
DREAM! LAUGH! LOVE! LIVE! (Various)

Last edited by Scarefishcrow : 07-04-2010 at 12:43 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks, Bill.
I wish I had more time , to play a bigger role than just sending in my dues (and late at that). Maybe when I can retire.....
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
WC! Guide
Stevens Point, WI

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: late renewing membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundiver
Thanks, Bill.
I wish I had more time , to play a bigger role than just sending in my dues (and late at that). Maybe when I can retire.....

Your membership is important no matter what level of participation you can offer. Some don't have the time, and they should not feel "bad" because of that.

The important thing is that if someone has the desire and time, don't get caught thinking you have nothing to offer of value. In this month's Oil Spiel I try to point out many ways people can help, both large and small. Everyone has something of value to offer if they have the time available to do so!

Just sending information or news that can be passed along via the Oil Spiel is a great help.

When you are successful and grow there will always be problems as the membership gets larger. In a strange way you could think of the bumps along the road for the society as an indicator we are succeeding.

You contribute much to the OP forum on WC and that is a positive thing that helps OPS also.

Everyone has to decide what they can do with limited resources of time. I'm retired and that has made it possible for me to participate in ways I never could have before.

Moral, financial and hands on support are all important to our success. Different members contribute in different ways.

Bill
DREAM! LAUGH! LOVE! LIVE! (Various)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2010, 05:00 PM
the coast in MA

Hails from United States

Nicely said, Bill....thanks.

Pat