WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
North Florida

Hails from United States
Re: Prices and Business Hints for Murals and Faux

Hello All!

I am very new, I joined in hopes of getting some much needed help... I posted this earlier but just found this "sticky" so I thought I would try here

I am doing a 21'x11' outdoor mural, recreating a logo for a construction company. These are my two issues:

1. How do I project the image onto the wall? I have always done my own images, therefore never had a need to get an image exact. I cannot find any answers anywhereI Arrgghh!

2. Pricing... I know different things factor into what to charge the client. I live in Florida and it rains every afternoon this time of year. It is humid. It is hot as you-know-what . Luckily, the image is not very detailed. I have yet to find anyone in this area currently doing outdoor murals. It is in a high traffic location, a prime spot for advertising my work. Cost does not seem to be too much of an issue to the client. I found an "international" outdoor mural pricing chart to at least have a number to work from but for a 224 sq. ft., it is showing $6,272 . That seems like A LOT. Oh lordy, someone please help me. I have been losing sleep over this, it could make or break my new business (art & photography).
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Miami

Hails from United States
Re: Prices and Business Hints for Murals and Faux

Good luck on the pricing on this - I think I know the international chart you speak of, use it myself, and make a point of saying my prices are less. But then, they don't have to be much less.

I'm sure you've heard this before - but just quote something you're comfortable with. A friend of mine gave a quote on a mural for a big commercial company and they actually told her they wanted to pay her $17000 more for the job - of course she took it!

Have you tried a screen projector for the image? You'd have to use it at night, they're about $350 from an art supplies shop.

Good luck!

Lauran Childs

www.LauranChilds.com