WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > The Information Kiosk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
New Jersey, USA

Hails from United States
Re: Different Strokes (a forum project): June 2010

First, thank you to all of you who were so kind on my simple little abstract. Now that I look at the work & time I see you all did, I feel I should have done something a bit more involved. Unfortunately, time this month did not allow. When I do paint this image again, I'll be sure to post it as a separate thread.

Now I have a chance to go through and look at all this gorgeous work & comment on them. (I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, it was unintentional).

Christine - Really great use of color! Love all the fire-colored elements you added.

Dewi - I love this. The size, the colors & the comp. I wish my cropped version carried as much interest as this does. Well done!

Erica - I agree, it is the busiest one I've looked at doing too! You handled all the elements really well, and created a sense of drama too.

EP - as always, your paintings make me smile. Love the simplicity. Funny, the background reminds me of a dress I wore back in the 60's!

Trevor - also dramatic in colors, I really like how you handled the fabric. It is one of the busiest areas on the image and you just made it a flow of color rather than paint the details. Nice touch.

Judith - hot, hot, hot! The hot colors just sing out. Very nice work with a simple palette of colors.

Colin - nice closeup, interesting crop. Love the shapes you get with this.

Sue - congrats on picking up the brush again! Very nice work you did on a challenging image!

Kathie - another interesting crop, making the fruit bowl the center of attention. Your old world colors add's to the drama & mood. Nice work.

Christine - love your piece. The brush strokes and splashes of color works great. This makes me think of an article I read recently about "broken color" and how it allows the viewers eye to do some of the blending.

Dougal - I like the work you did here, adding in the softer, cooler green changes the mood of the painting, making it seem lighter. Like the fabric & bottle, nice work.

Lil - this is a wonderful piece. Like Marueen said, I would not have known it wasn't acrylics. Lovely color balance to this.

Maureen - excellent realism. The background, fabric, reflections. Just excellent work. I, too, bow to the master.

old hobbyist - this is a wonderful job of realism also. You did the detail of that background fabric so well. Very nice work!

Maureen - thanks for hosting, and EP - looking forward to our next challenge, thanks for jumping in.

Nan
http://nancies-art.blogspot.com/
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM
A WC! Legend
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Nice work everyone! Sorry I didn't take part but I just don't feel like pulling out the acrylics these days. I did paint a digital cherry though, I posted it in Painter's Alley in the digital forum.

http://www.mkmcreations.com
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lol Michelle - if only we could add digis here!:lol@

Jim - very realistic - I'm used to seeing more brushstrokes from you! - the fabric had very organic shapes to the folds.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**