Dear fellow artists...
Although most of you don't take full advantage of the signature feature here at WC, in an effort to get all
Wet Canvas members on the same path in keeping with the WC! User Agreement regarding WC! Signature Line compliance and the WC! Anti-spam Policy, all moderators are sending out the below information:
If you use the Signature Line option, we are asking you to please review your own Sig Line/Banner, and make sure that it meets the regulations. Basically, this is what is allowed
* One and only 1 image
, that image to be of your artwork only and no larger than 468x60 pixels.
* You may have 3 links
, clickable text if you wish, to Websites where you display your work, but you are not permitted to 'use sales talk'
* Your sig line is be no larger than 4 lines high
, one of those lines may include the image.
* Font size up to size 2
* No large/huge gif animations
(any small smilies are OK).
Please understand that if non-compliance of the User Agreement is detected on the site by any
Moderator, in any
forum, then we/they do have the means to enter your Signature Banner and amend or delete it. This is not something any Moderator enjoys doing, but it has been done in the past and we always try to send the member a PM either asking them to comply or informing them of the change that was made.
For your review, this is what the WC! User Agreement
(that each member agreed to upon signing up) says:
# Signature Line. You may use your signature line to provide up to 3 links to your own personal sites where you list your portfolio of art, so long as your links only contain artistic works that you yourself have created. You may also include links to URLs within the WetCanvas! community (http://www.wetcanvas.com), these are in addition to the three personal previously-mentioned links.
* Do not use promotional language in your link. For example, you may post: “My eBay” with a link to your eBay listings or “My Art-Agent” with a link to Art-Agent listings, but you may not post “My eBay -- Check out my newest creations.” You may post “Joseph’s Art Studio” but not “Buy My Art at Joseph’s Studio”
* Do not promote products. For example, you may NOT post a link where you sell paintbrushes to visual artists or glass supplies to glass artists. You may only post a link in which you sell your own finished arts or crafts, which you have yourself produced.
* Do not include graphics other than your own, original artwork. Graphics are not allowed with the exception of a 468x60 banner containing examples of your own artwork with no other wording included. Do not include graphics which contain nudity. Industry partners are allowed to display a 468x60 company banner. For help creating your own signature banner, please visit this helpful article: Creating a Signature Banner
* You will be notified that your signature line was edited or asked to edit your signature line to ensure compliance with the user agreement. Refusal to comply with site anti-spam policy may lead to user account suspension or removal.
, directly below and to the left of the area where you upload/create your Signature Line you will also notice this announcement:
You may not use more than 4 lines.
You may not use font sizes larger than 2.
You may not use more than 1 images.
· 468w x 60h pixels, 0 (combined).
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask Tina (timelady), Lynette (Lynxes123), me or any other moderator ...