WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Partner: Artspan - Web Design & Hosting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Hails from United States
Art Display Leveraging Artspan?

Hi,

I have posted a version of this questions on the General Art business site, but thought I could get some particular help here.

I am looking for suggestions/ideas for how to creatively display samples of my work for an auction in which I have been invited to participate. The event is a fundraiser for the humane society, and what is being auctioned is a comissioned oil painting of the winner's pet(s). I thought there might be a way to capitalize on my being on Artspan, or to leverage Artspan capability to create a compelling display (see A MORE CREATIVE APPROACH, below).

BACKGROUND
It is a live auction, and here is what I did last year (the first time I participated): I had four actual samples of my work, representing different animals, and a framed write up of what the prize is (i.e., a comissioned work, materials and size options and a brief bio). This was all arranged on a dais type table throughout the cocktail-party event, at the end of which the live auction was held.

Since my item brought in a lot of money at last year's auction (I was amazed and thrilled!), I have been asked to donate such a commission again this year. I want to be thoughtful about how I present, and try to optimize the opportunity (e.g., provide brochure take-aways perhaps). I thought I would ask last year's winners if I could borrow the painting to display, given that it was the product of last year's event and some attendees will remember that...

A MORE CREATIVE APPROACH?
I wondered if this year, in lieu of a large, relatively unwieldy arrangement of actual paintings, I could create a CD or DVD with images of my work - from or through Artspan? - and have a DVD player set up playing a loop of images of my Artspan site... or maybe an attractive album?

I would love to get the benefit of experience here... so will greatly appreciate your taking a few minutes to rattle off any ideas or suggestions (or DON'TS) you have.

Thanks in advance!!! (I have included an image of last year's commission here, fyi)...
Luther and Hogan
Oil on linen 16" X 20"
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 AM

Re: Art Display Leveraging Artspan?

In my opinion ,create a DV is a good idea.you could show more information through this way. www.oilpaintingcn.com