WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: How do you like to paint pastel?
on easel 140 66.99%
on table or desk 54 25.84%
other 15 7.18%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 AM
A Local Legend
St.marys, GA

Hails from United States
Re: easel or table?

Easel for me. but i like to sit while painting standing makes me hurt to much so i have an office chair on rollers so i could keep moveing back to see what the piece i'm working on looks like. i tape my paper to masonite and clamp it to my easel. i have a very ferm surface to work on no movement at all. when I Plein Air i take a stool with me. but i have to get up to move back than. I always have to move back to see the piece. i have tried to paint an a table a few times when i started pastels but it seemd i was always looking down on the subject from the second or third floor window. and my prospetive was always off. so i tried my easel i have for oil's and acrylics and never looked back.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
east coast

Hails from United States
Re: easel or table?

I have a very heavy tilted drawing table that was made by an ex boyfriend in highschool shop class, back when he was thinking of becoming an architect. Instead, he became a beer guzzling bum-sometimes-construction-worker, so I inherited the table. He had considerable carpentry talent, so I feel pretty darn lucky to have this thing. First of all, it is made for technical drawing so it's huge, and second, it is very sturdy, made extremely well - not flimsy or likely to fall apart ever. One of the minuses is that the thing is so dang heavy, being solid ash, that it takes 8 people to move it.