WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Partner: Artspan - Web Design & Hosting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2005, 11:12 AM

See what Artspan members are saying...

Kathryn Abernathy:
I've recommended Artspan to several people in my art community. If you need to send anyone my way for a recommendation, please do so. I sold 3 paintings 2 weeks ago after a man in Seattle saw my website. Then, last week, I was contacted by a local art gallery/showroom to see if I would be interested in selling thru their gallery. So - thanks for providing such an easy and inexpensive way to start an online presence!

Dalia Productions
Lloyd and I want to acknowledge you for a wonderul resource that allowed us with EASE and CONFIDENCE to see a beautiful and professional site go up in 48 hours. And I was able to make changes by myself without any problems. User friendly is a very good description for the programming.

An elegant, aesthetic resource and tool, I intend to share Artspan with my creative community always and often.

We'll be adding a second Series of Images in the near future and look forward to contributing to the Forum.

Thanks Eric for what you created. For the artist who is not a web designer as well or one on a limited budget for such a tool... this was a great solution that is working out already. The friends and associates we have alerted have responded what a beautiful presentation!

Last edited by CEvans : 02-07-2005 at 11:50 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Another artspan.com member says...

Paul Mordetsky

Just a brief note to any prospective members - the professional site here is a great great deal, and has been wonderfully designed so as to give us, as artists, real control over what is up on our sites. It's a good product.

I upgraded recently, and, since then, I have redone all my images - working them until they looked just the way I wanted them to look (compensating for color shifts, etc), added new text to my bio (along with a photo), and I have added navigation bars that lead visitors to articles about me, a résumé, and more links to the sites of colleagues.

In the time I have had a site with Artspan, I have been contacted by several dealers (none of which resulted in sales), been found by old friends, had strangers write me about my work, and been able to direct clients and galleries to my site to see the work.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:39 PM
an artist's community named Eureka Springs. AR

Hails from United States
Re: See what Artspan members are saying...

Michael Forbus

I have had the distinct pleasure of working with Denise at Artspan since I joined. Not only is she highly professional and knowledgeable, there is a lightness about the way she corrects your misdirection in setting up the site. A definitive company woman, strong, yet gentle in her handling of problematic situations and most gracious. If she is the voice of Artspan, success is imminent. Our task is to get our lazy creative friends to see the obvious path of not having to painfully create our own website, unless you are a Macromedia genius, and let someone else do the work inexpensively. I am very familiar with the Adobe products, Macromedia, Front Page, and have a slew of software but why try to master it all. I am an OCD photographer and paintographer and would rather do that then untangle my own ball of cereberal twine. I need this site and I need people like Denise to explain to me how to get out of my own way. Thanks for the service you provide and if I sell, I sell. The food industry was very, very good to me. So paint or not, shoot photos or not, swim and surf, and play with the birds and dogs. If that ain't a muse, show me one.

Michael (Miguel) Forbus
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2006, 11:48 PM

I found ARTSPAN to be insufficient.
They don't have an option of having sucategories/subpages.
I sell lots of animal art, and it's impossible to sort through the breeds and types without some kind of subpages....
does anyone know a site that offers subcategories and Paypal??
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2007, 03:47 AM

What exactly are you looking for? Just subcategories and paypal?

Last edited by kjsphoto : 02-03-2007 at 03:49 AM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM

I like Artspan, to share information with others and offer opportunities to artists.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast
Singapore

I have been an Artspan forum member for a few years. It's size cannot be compared with WC. It has less postings, but it means it is more intimate.

About a year ago I also have my Homepage hosted by Artspan. After early teeting problems, and some fustrations, I have since become quite familiar with how to update and change, and I like it. But there are still some minor areas which I wish it would improve.

Under my signature below is the link to my Arspan hosted Homepage.

Last edited by Merlion : 08-15-2009 at 10:17 PM.