WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > Critique Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#931   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2009, 07:28 PM
A WC! Legend
Kansas

Hails from United States
Re: Ghosts of Incompetence Past

OH MY!!!!! Hate to say....but it's just right there...in front of your nose....plain as day...right there in them there rock formations....like a ghost!!
  #932   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Enthusiast
in the kitchen

Hails from United States

I am so glad that my painting was able to help close this thread on an up note. Even though I spent way more than 6 hours on it sadly enough.

Ej, I do believe that your painting is a great one to end the thread on, I am not sure it could get much worse at this point. It has been ghastly all the way through; now it is ghastly and naughty.

So glad I found this thread and could participate before it was closed.

Women and cats do as they please, men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  #933   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2009, 12:25 AM
BC, Canada

Hails from Canada

While I am totally disappointed that I am not going to win an award (well, maybe not TOTALLY..I don't know how I'd explain a bag of mucus arrving in the mail to my husband) I would like to take this opportunity, before the thread is locked, to say "Thank YOU" to all who, not only looked at my "work" but were kind enough to trash it as resoundingly as it deserved.

Since I joined this site only one day before this thread started, I feel I have a had a wonderful introduction to the folks (or denizens) that hang out here, and will be happy to continue on with this experience. Whether my art is going to get any better or not remains to be seen.

Thanks to all, especially to EJ, who may possibly be the funniest person on earth.

Phyrie
  #934   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2009, 04:53 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United Kingdom
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Ghosts of Incompetence Past

First of all I would like to thank Dana and EJ for starting this excellent thread .... it must be the most successful thread ever on Wetcanvas with nearly 26000 views in only one month.
This must be the only thread on WC that had me and
As Phyrie said ...... EJ may possibly be the funniest person on earth.
I just had to add one more painting before it is closed though.
The sad thing about this painting, for me anyway, is that I did it this year!
I was trying to paint the perfect man and I now know why it was never ever going to work .....there is no such thing as "the perfect man" ....that probably explains why he also looks ghostly ..... and anyway I just love using the butt icon .....
  #935   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

As promised here is one of my own stinkers. The idea was "getting tanked" the donut like thing is supposed to be a person. Trying to do it in the ACEO size format didn't help things either.
  #936   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Dana Design

Thanks to everyone who submitted their (ahem) work and special thanks to ejtupi whose idea this was and who jump-started this crazy and delightful thread. I know that I laughed myself silly and hope that everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!