WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Hi my name is Debby. I guess I should post here since I've started posting in this forum. I was hanging out in the fiber arts forum, but was lurking here because I'm learning colored pencil. Rosemary got me with the mandala self portrait challenge. That and the muffins she offered.

Anyway, I'm the big 5-oh this year. I have one son who is grown and trying to make his own way in the world. It was hard when I reached adulthood. Kids now are having an even harder time with the economy. Sorry for the digression. I am married, for the third time, but this time I got it right. I spent 20+ years being a mechanical designer in the semi-conductor equipment industry in California. That led to chronic tendonitis and an ulcer. I am now self-employed raising bees for honey and culinary herbs that I sell at the local farmers market.

I've alway been creative. I create artist teddy bears. I've also done other soft sculpture/stuffed animals like bunnies and dragons. I spent a fair amount of time sewing up original costumes for halloween, my son's school play and the Reniassance fair. But it was only recently that I began to try my hand at drawing. Funny enough it was watching the behind the scenes DVD from "Lord of the Rings" that started it. I said to my DH "I wish I could draw like that." in reference to the work of Alan Lee, John Howe and the other artists that were working on the film. So DH told me that I could draw and made sure I got some decent paper and pencils. I've been attempting to learn from books and the internet. I like the graphite well enough, but wanted color. So here I am.