WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wales, UK

Hails from Wales
Re: New Inkjet Reproductions Thread 12/15/02

I just have a basic Canon N650U, cheap but when the image touches the glass then perfect.
3-4mm off glass for blurry scan
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Thanks Jason. The lip on my hp holds the board up quite a bit farther than yours, so I know that could never work. But hopefully this new one will. I'll let you know if we get it and it does what it promises.
  #138   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-27-2004, 03:36 AM
A Local Legend
Gloucestershire

Hails from United Kingdom

Jason, I've got an Epson 3170 scanner. I can see in your example the problem. But I've never had that. Don't know why. Am tempted to try a similar test myself - need to find a rigid painting.....
  #139   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Newport Beach Ca

Hails from United States

I have an Epson Photo R220 and it is great. I need to go to Properties and choose Premium Glossy Photo paper before I start to print. The color stays on the paper but you may want to let it dry before you do anything with it as I found I need to let it dry several hours before matting, etc. This is a five ink printer. I not only make reproductions, I make my brochures on it too. It gives a very professional look. I do use Photoshop Elements to do any correcting of the image first.
  #140   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, this is an old thread to get dredged up! But as long as it's here, I'll put in another 2 cents. I was at a friend's studio last night- she took paintings to Kinko's and had them photocopied onto cardstock. Those color copiers have improved dramatically! I wouldn't say they are up to anything more than greeting card quality, but I'd bet it's not far off that we can make reasonably priced copies without having the expensive equipment at home. Gotta love that!
  #141   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Hails from United States

Some of my original L-Es were done on an offset printer. I recently discovered to my dismay that one of my prints on a friend's wall had faded
terribly. Has anyone else had that problem with offset printing? I now use
an Epson 2000P and do my own prints.
  #142   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Most inks will fade over time. UV protection glass will greatly extend the life of a print.
  #143   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
N. Georgia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBellyWhite
Howdy Sumafra

I have been looking around the net at various individuals definitions of LE. Let me give you a sample.

"Once the printing of the edition, the size of which is defined by our customers, has been completed we destroy the images from all the plates, stones or screens that have been used to make the edition. This ensures that the print qualities can never be reproduced and that the print is sold in the true definition of the words Limited Edition." Curwin Chilford Prints

"Limited Edition applies to artwork produced in a deliberately limited quantity. Each item in the edition is identical and is an original work of art. The artist inspects each print before signing to ensure it is true to his/her original vision. The "s/n" Denotes a signed and numbered limited edition. The limited size of the edition enhances the value of each piece." Anglers Collection

"A non-production hand-painted cel created specifically for collectors. Produced in limited quantities, they are most easily identified by a "fraction" (39/500) in the lower right-hand corner. They were not used in a film, and have merely been created to resemble original production art, whether by reproducing a scene, or more recently, creating new scenes which often mix characters who do not traditionally "belong" together." Wonderful World of Animation

" An image for which we own the sole copyright, which will be limited to 250 identical signed and numbered copies, has never previously been reproduced in any other form, and will not be published again in the future." Nature Images

Although, I am sure this is one of those you say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to things, I think you will agree this random sample would seem to favor my definition over than yours. I didn't pick over this group-they were the first four I pulled off the net.

The way I see it, if you changed the size of the product and ran another group, you have changed the "size" of the Edition, and your are working against the structure that gives value to Limited Editions. Of course you, as an individual, are free to dilute your definition of LE anyway you want, just as you can fudge on use the terms Gicleé and Print. I stand by my definition.

The standard LE definitions was geared towards traditional physical plates, art and screens..... digital artwork has given new options to artists and new definitions to LE.

We print different sizes of the same art and edition each size as a separate edition. Our collectors have not complained, and they are the ones who count, eh?

Whatever an artist chooses to do, I highly recommend "full disclosure" on all prints created in all sizes. That seems to make a difference in acceptability in the buyer market.
  #144   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
N. Georgia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo
hmmm...I wonder if anyone makes a perfectly flat scanner to accomodate us board paintings artists. I'll take a look around!

We have large pieces professionally photographed if they will not fit onto a drum scanner.

#145   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
lmcneel
Houston, TX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most inks will fade over time. UV protection glass will greatly extend the life of a print.

lmcneel

You don't actually need a UV glass, you can choose UV pigments, we have a digital colour ceramic printing system which can print ceramic decal direct, the decal image become permenent after fired at high temperature, visit http://www.dcphub.com/process.htm for details.

Cao Guihong
  #146   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Near Sacramento, California

Hails from United States

Question: How do I locate a good giclee shop? I would like to make quality giclee reproductions of my oils, on demand, on canvas.