WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics > The Information Kiosk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia
Signature Lines - PLEASE READ

Just thought I would let you know that in some forums of the WetCanvas site some members have been 'pushing the boundaries' of the Users Agreement when it comes to the Signature Banner/Line. In the main the abuse of these Banners has been centred around the attempted 'spamming' of our members by using words or links that take members to sites were goods, other than the members art, is being sold.

WetCanvas has always tried hard to keep the content of all it's forums 'spam' free. Our Mods and Guides work diligently, on your behalf, to try to eradicate 'spam' so that most of our members never see it. Other contraventions of the User Agreement in regard to these Banners are also being made, i.e. height, number of lines used, size of image and the amount of 'personal' links.

So if you take advantage of the Signature Banner then take a look at your own Banner to see that it complies with the User Agreement. If it doesn't please amend it so that it does comply. Basically this is what is permitted:

*One and only 1 image, that image to be of your artwork only and no larger than 468x60 pixels. Clickable images or animations are not permitted.

*You may have 3 links, clickable text if you wish, to Websites where you display your work, but you are not permitted to 'use sales talk'.

*To be no larger than 4 lines high, one of those lines may include the image.

*Font size up to size 2 only
You may notice that we have very few problems within our forums, most of our members have complied with the User Agreement, and those that haven't have been notified by the Mods and the requested changes have been made. So can I just ask you to review your own Banner, and make sure that yours is correct.

Please understand that if any transgression of this part of the User Agreement is detected on the site by Moderators then they do have the means to enter your Signature Banner and amend or delete it. I have done this in the past and do always try to send the member a PM either asking them to comply or informing them of the change.

This is what the User Agreement says:

Quote:
# Signature Line. You may use your signature line to provide up to 3 links to your own personal sites where you list your portfolio of art, so long as your links only contain artistic works that you yourself have created. You may also include links to URLs within the WetCanvas! community (http://www.wetcanvas.com), these are in addition to the three personal previously-mentioned links.

* Do not use promotional language in your link. For example, you may post: “My eBay” with a link to your eBay listings or “My Art-Agent” with a link to Art-Agent listings, but you may not post “My eBay -- Check out my newest creations.” You may post “Joseph’s Art Studio” but not “Buy My Art at Joseph’s Studio”
* Do not promote products. For example, you may NOT post a link where you sell paintbrushes to visual artists or glass supplies to glass artists. You may only post a link in which you sell your own finished arts or crafts, which you have yourself produced.
* Do not include graphics other than your own, original artwork. Graphics are not allowed with the exception of a 468x60 banner containing examples of your own artwork with no other wording included. Do not include graphics which contain nudity. Industry partners are allowed to display a 468x60 company banner. For help creating your own signature banner, please visit this helpful article: Creating a Signature Banner
* You will be notified that your signature line was edited or asked to edit your signature line to ensure compliance with the user agreement. Refusal to comply with site anti-spam policy may lead to user account suspension or removal.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos

Last edited by Lady Carol : 08-09-2007 at 12:00 PM.