The spirit of the Weekend Drawing Event
- (or Weekly Drawing Event or ‘Whenever’ Drawing Event' or ‘Weeders’ Drawing Event) or just a Creative/Artistic Happening
The Invitation Thread
will tell you When
this is happening and should have an arrow icon. (#2, Illus. 1 below)
The Images Thread
, posted on the specified day will have a light bulb icon . (#3, Illus.1)
You will find these two threads on the main page, fastened with a thumbtack so they're stuck!
When your work is ready to show,you need to open your OWN New Thread
(top left, main forum page). (#1 in illustration above).
Here’s what your New thread may look like with its first post:
Start with WDE, DATE, TITLE +
= Multiple Images (if you intend to do more than one reference).
= Work in Progress
To Upload Image
..... if you’d like it in the text, use the Uploader in the Quick Links menu,
(#4) or use the picture icon from the icons at the top of the posting box. (#3) (Second illustration)
If you want the image at the bottom of the post, use the Manage Attachments button
, in the Additional Options
box below your post box.
**Please read the links for Image compression and Uploading Images **
(Most of our 'instruction' threads may be found in our sub-forum - The Hall of Fame.)
Image compression and size
Uploading Images to WC!
- an easy to follow tutorial for using the Uploader feature - WC has increased the permitted size of images to 800p max. in either dimension and 200k total file size.
In the spirit of the WDEs (and to keep threads manageable)
* Try to comment on others’ work too, but....
* Refrain from C&C unless the poster specifically asks for such,
* Keep all your ‘thank you' notes to single posts where possible,
* If using the ‘Quote’ button, edit out the image to quote only text.
* Try to avoid multiple, consecutively-timed posts - they lengthen the thread and make timing expensive for those on Dial-Up.
* Please keep your entries to a single thread for each WDE during the weekend. You may open a new thread for additional images from the following TUESDAY.
But - NB - The WDE is very popular and can generate 80+ threads over a weekend - it may not be possible for you to comment on all the entries - please don't feel guilty if you do not manage to visit them all!
Thank you for reading this - now go create