Welcome to the WetCanvas! Glass Swap Shop
The Glass Swap Shop forum is provided to our members for Artist-to-Artist Transactions Only
You must follow the Posting Rules
and the Posting Procedure
noted below. Any posts that do not will be removed without notice.
The Glass Swap Shop is for selling or bartering items that you no longer need and would like to get rid of. It is for artist-to-artist transactions and one time deals. If selling items is a regular source of income, do not post your items here.
You may sell/seek/trade the following items between individual Artists:
You may NOT post the following for sale or swap:
- Excess glass supplies, used equipment, spare torches, tools, instructional books/videos and supplies that are no longer needed.
- Jewelry findings, seed beads, component beads (not lampwork) and various stringing materials.
- Commercial sales. If selling items is a regular or occasional source of income, do not post your items here. If you are a business, do not post your items here.
- Bulk buys. You may not give volume discounts.
- Auction items.
- Repeat sale items.
- Web sales announcements. You may not announce sales here. You may not post URLs.
- Original art or any other items you have made, including lampworked beads you have made yourself or purchased, and finished jewelry.
- Do NOT post web site addresses. No eBay or website links of any kind will be permitted in the Forum. Specific items for sale may not be offered on eBay or other websites at the same time as they are offered on the Glass Swap Shop.
- Items must be available for immediate purchase.
- Posters must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- No commercial ventures are allowed to be advertised on the Glass Swap Shop.
- Any transactions resulting from a post placed in the Glass Swap Shop are between you, the purchaser, and the person that placed the post, the seller. When making a purchase, use caution when giving out any personal information over the Internet or by phone. To help protect yourself, try always get a receipt for your purchases and get everything in writing, such as claims or warranties, ensuring that such documents are signed.
1. One (1) thread per day, per person if selling or trading an item.
2. Please limit your thread to no more than eight (8) items for sale or swap per single thread.
An "item" is a particular thing or set of items sold at a single price. For example, a ˝-lb of cobalt blue glass cane - price $20, is a single item. A set of 3 baggies of frit for $10 to one person is a single item. In a daily thread, (8) individual items at a single price each would be allowed.
3. A proper post should include:
(a.) All information describing the item you are selling or seeking to trade;
(b.) Price of Item or what Item you are willing to swap. (The Glass Swap Shop is NOT for the taking of Bids or for taking orders on items.)
(c.) Photo of the item (if applicable); no links please.
(d.) Contact information.
4. When your transaction is complete, please click the 'report' button at the top of your post -- the red (!) triangle -- and fill out the form, to let the Moderators know that the post can then be removed.
5. All posts expire and will be removed within 2 weeks.
6. Please refrain from posting your needs in someone else's thread. Start a new thread for yourself. The Glass Swap Shop is NOT a chat or technical forum!
By participating in the Glass Swap Shop, participants agree to indemnify and release Original LLC., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, any civil or criminal action, or loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with participation in the Glass Swap Shop. In addition, Original LLC is in no way responsible for the content, value, price, delivery, claims, and/or any other aspects relating any and all Glass Swap Shop posts or transactions.
Our moderators do try to remove posts that are in violation but do not catch all of them. If you see any post that you feel is in violation of WC!'s User Agreement or the Glass Swap Shop guidelines, please report it. (Red triangle in upper corner of each post).
In all cases the WC! user agreement applies. These guidelines are provided to you on the honor system trusting that all will use the Glass Swap Shop for the in house service it is meant to provide. Repeat violators may risk WC! account suspension or at the least be asked not to use this service again.
The Glass Swap Shop is for Individual Artist transactions. If you are a Commercial Vendor, are working as a business or an artist needing to advertise commercially, download our media kit at http://www.wetcanvas.com/MediaKit/