WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: What types of bead "sets" do you buy most often?
Focals only, please! 14 16.47%
Focals with a few coordinating beads 11 12.94%
Small sets (up to 10 beads) 19 22.35%
Large sets (10 or more) 6 7.06%
Matching sets (identical beads) 9 10.59%
Color coordinated sets 18 21.18%
Sets that include free spacers 9 10.59%
The beauty of the beads is more important than number 49 57.65%
Other (please share!) 4 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Ellicott City, MD

Re: For those who use lampworked beads

Wow - I couldn't pick off the poll....not just one anyway! I try to buy sets of at least about 10 or more.....and they most often are 'sets'...meaning there is a color theme or design throughout. I guess with me its mostly that the beads speak to me....I tend to go for real organic beads....getting coordinating spacers/small lampwork beads is a bonus to me....I like to accent a focal or use the beads for bracelet AND earring lets say.

Here is my ebay handle: janiceihg You can pull me up and see what I've bought.

Also, I am a BIG fan and VERY appreciative of the few sellers that package their beads with some freebies - most likely they are orphans...or not quite right beads...but I LOVE them. In one case, I actually fell more in love with one of the freebies that was tied to inner package. A couple sellers I grequent on eBay consistently tie their inner package with twine and 2 or 3 'extras'. LOVE it. Great customer service 'trick' in my book.

I am adding you to my watchlist on ebay....*grin*

~*~ www.doxallo.com ~*~ My Jewelry Blog ~*~
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Cologne, Germany

Hails from Germany

HiHi, I don't buy beads (anymore) I make my own.

Janine
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Hails from Canada

What an interesting post...I am glad I have starting coming over to wearable art. I have been making jewelry for 2 years and just recently started lampworking. Let me tell you it so much fun!!!

I am loving it, but have started to sell my sets on eBay due to too many beads, but was only doing what is appealing to me and my target. It is good to get an understanding of what others like. Believe it or not, I work in an office setting and people prefer the bumpy texture beads, go figure .

I have only sold 3 sets. My question for you is what makes you buy from an artist that you are unfamilar with. There are so many amazing lampworkers out there, it is hard to get known out there. Of course I am trying to provide great customer service, and I am doing the freeby beads (not sure if my buyers know as they may not have received them yet ). Other pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Cindy

Unique Creations by Cindy

My eBay Auctions

JustBeads