WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Site Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-1999, 06:42 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Tutorials/Tips

Hello all!

A number of you have dropped me e-mails in regard to the wonderful tutorials that we now have online. In case you haven't noticed, we have added a number of tips and tutorials to the site. Many, MANY thanks to Diana Lee and J.R. Dunster for participating in this first round of content.

If you know any artists who would like to participate in this effort, feel free to pass the word. The more participation we have from artists of all mediums, the better the end result will be! I think we are off to a heck of a start, we just need to keep the momentum going! <grin>.

I am currently working on three new tutorials, in addition to trying to finish up the Basic Oil Painting Materials tutorial. I am working on a simple landscape walkthrough, a special tutorial on painting fall colors, and another simple one walking the viewer through painting some simple summertime foliage. All of these will be in oils, and aimed at novice painters. Just a quick update on whats in the works from my end.

Both Diana and J.R. are working on new tutorials as well, and we can't wait to see them!

Regards.
Scott
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-1999, 12:15 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Hello all!

Through a wonderful arrangement with P. Roger Elliot, a noted artist, historian, and educator, we are proud to announce the opening of the new ArtSchool Online section! This section, which is available from the main navigation bar, contains a veritable gold mine of art lessons, designed to be taken in succession. They cover a wide range of topics, including basic drawing skills, an incredible overview of acrylic painting, and a whole lot more.

Roger and I are in the process of moving additional lesson content over to WetCanvas, so stay tuned. Be sure to drop him an email and let him know what you think of this truly amazing addition to our site.

Thanks all, and kudos Roger!
Scott

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-1999, 09:47 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
manhattan,ny

Hails from South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
hey scott,,,how about an "open"tutorial...kinda like an open source code for software
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-1999, 09:37 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Interesting concept - although I'm not exactly sure how we'd do it. Care to elaborate? As a veteran of the IT industry, I find this concept interesting ... :-)

Cheers.
Scott
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-1999, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Richardson, TX USA

Hails from United States
That's a very interesting concept! I only have a vague idea of how it would work, and it sounds intriquing. How about some discussion on how it would work. Milt? You started it... What's your ideas?

-Randy
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-1999, 08:43 PM
manhattan,ny

Oooo, well, I didn't expect you to ask for an expanded explanation… no one set of instructions are good for everyone. I was thinking of tutorials that EVOLVE with input from several good sources. I don't know about the machinations of your site monitors, so this may not be feasable. One person may have good advice but may not be understood by all. for instance, i just did a lengthy reply to CKX on perspective over at "drawing". i tried to keep it simple but....... Whereas another might have elementary advice but gets the point across because he speaks at a different level. I noticed , running thru some posts that a lot of the advice given is very rudimentary. But on reflection, I could see where another's points might be better understood………..you know what??? Forget what I've just said. i just realized...That's what message boards do. You ask one question and you get several answers that run the gamut of knowledge from basic to expert…….stupid me,,,milt

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-1999, 10:32 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

I see what you mean ... ;-) One thing that might be interesting is something that we have coming soon - the virtual classroom.

Stay tuned :-)
Scott
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-1999, 10:39 PM
manhattan,ny

hmmmmmmmmm,,,interesting. scott,,you think of everything....milt

------------------
"he who thinks he know all and knows nothing is king in a kingdom of one,,,,,or a critic" - the kobe