WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:17 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States
Re: Daily Wash Saturday 25th January 2020

Good day all,

I love overcast days in the summer as the grey and green look nice together, but winter grey and sepia are not so good.

Char, glad you and Ted had a nice evening out.

I'll watch some of the lying this morning and then to town for water.

Steve, the future does not look very free. The oligarchs and the evangelicals will be vying for dominance.

I'm learning how to make picture frames.
Bill

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!!

A high of 0C and dull, rain expected.

I meant to go to the Senior Centre but woke up too late unless I really wanted to rush around and I didn't want that

More Door painting, knitting, grocery shopping etc.

Annie, how is the emerging grass dealing with your wildlife, or maybe the other way around???

Rod , same here!!!

QS Hugs for the very painful sciatica and another for the leak. Where does one look for the leak if everything is covered in wallboard or floorboards???????

Rachel, hopefully there is something really good on TV to make it worth the thrill of watching what you want to watch.

Carol, those little popcorn thingies are nasty, glad you got rid of it, sorry it cost you your sleep. The movie/popcorn routine is a north American thing, I never learned that part of movie going until I came here hence I am not in the habit of doing so. Also makes going to the theatre an expensive outing

Marshall and Doug, you keep your PC problems to yourself, NO sharing, you hear me

Char, I am so glad you managed to have such a good anniversary dinner, for a good day today!!!

Bill, re water, we don't have such a thing

Hi Steve, Doug and Sylvia!!

People hear what they want to hear so the question is did they hear what Schiff said so brilliantly or were they busy playing with toys, chatting or snoozing to distract them from hearing?? "The Party" is not a thing but a group of people hopefully with a conscience and integrity.

Uschi

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:01 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Oops!Yes hope you can find the leak QS. Sciatica is an painful thing, hope it doesn't develop into full blown lighting bolts

Doug
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:04 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Brian is at the gym and Iím supposed to be following shortly. I donít think I will. Iím still tired from having the family over yesterday (those boys are exhausting) and one of my heels is sore. I might wait until tomorrow.

The temps are around freezing with a chance of light freezing rain. Brian can go uptown to get parts for the electrical problem after he checks it out but I donít feel like shopping. I have plans for making a nice lunch and supper. I did most of the housework yesterday so except for the meals, watering plants, and putting laundry away, I will have a relaxing day.

I have been following the virus outbreak with more interest than the political news. There are confirmed cases in France, Australia, and the US now. It will be worldwide soon and Iím just waiting to hear accurate lethality percentages and containment success rates to decide how much to prepare. Iím not going to spread unfounded panic here but I suggest we should all keep up with news on it. Itís changing every few hours. Our family may seem a bit (ok, maybe more than a bit) paranoid but we have plans ready to follow in case of disasters. We are not preppers, have no stockpiles of supplies etc, but we feel more prepared with a plan. Keep in mind I was a nurse working in ICU during the SARS outbreak and was on the team developing a hospital plan for dealing with a future outbreak so Iím aware of whatís going on in the background and what certain things that might appear as a small news story isnít telling.

Iím getting hungry so Iím going to start prepping for lunch (frittata sandwiches) and get the small chores done. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good morning. The sun is shining brightly, but the temperatures are only in the 50s. My only task today is to buy some epoxy glue to repair the medicine cabinet mirror that came off in my hands yesterday when I opened it right before we were leaving to go to the doctorís office. Super glue only held for about six months on the bottom hinge.

My throat was very sore when I went to bed, today there is only one tiny spot left that hurts when I swallow. Amazing how fast the body can heal when attacked by doctors.

Ellen, I have the same thoughts as you. I was at the City when the Ebola virus was only 12 miles away. I was able to listen to what the City planned to do if it spread. I am sure that there was a meeting already at City Hall. We have a large Asian population in our area, and DFW is a major International Airport. I think when I am out today, I will buy some face mask while they still can be bought. The scary part is one of the head doctors in China has contracted the virus because he was not wearing goggles.

Steve and Bill, Right now, the only thing we can do is vote. We can early vote on February 18th for Super Tuesday. I still have not made up my mind, but I am reading everything I can get my hands on to make a wise vote.

Annie, I am so happy that a regular rain cycle has returned to your area, and the grass is growing. I hope you did not loose too many trees.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs to all who are hurting or need comfort.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:56 AM
Saint Johns FL

Hails from United States

Back from grocery shopping and going to eat something for lunch.

I have a question for out UK members. anyone know of a good bed and breakfast in the London area? Chris wants to stay there for a few days before heading north. An AirBnB would work too if it is in an area we can walk somewhere for meals.

https://marshall-harrison.blogspot.com/
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 12:34 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Many moons ago we used to stay at the Ibis hotel at Euston station, very handy for getting around.

Doug
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 12:37 PM
Resting in Peace
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

Yes, Doug , Adam Schiff is a genius!!!!!!!
So where are the witnesses and other hidden files ??
Commercial toilet boiled over ,water everywhere, floor ,cellar , shower , floors . A nightmare .
Had to unplug the main pipe . Only $450 .UGH!!!!!!
The House is old now after 58 years . Can't complain, very well built .
Ann is sick sounds like the Flu .
rain again , better than snow
june

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Evening all. The good news is Iím feeling much better and the plumber came when he said he would. He'll have to come back next week with 'bits' as he could only do a temporary fix today, and, great news Uschi, he is willing to go down into the crawl space and work underneath the floor. We have oak strip flooring and we were worried about having to lift it as itís been there for years. The problem is a leaky pipe running from one of the hall radiators, so he's going to fit a new one.

Marshall, the London area is enormous. Can I suggest you work out what it is you want to see and have a look on booking.com? They are very good at showing places on a map and they have reviews and lots of pictures. Other accommodation sites are available, including Airbnb. We used to live in London so the only time Iíve booked accommodation was when we flew back into Heathrow from Delhi and had missed our flight back up north. We decided to return on the train insread so found a hotel between St Pancras and Euston stations that was open 24/7. Thatís why I like a site with a good map and lots of information. You would probably want to be near a tube station or bus route.

My ES is a big fan of Airbnb but Iíve never tried it. Good luck with your search.

QS
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 02:23 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Back from town and had a funny experience. After I had filled six plastic bottles with filtered water, I took the cart about 50 feet to the restroom. Just as I had reached the door a woman pointed out that one of the bottles was tipped and leaking a stream of water all the way from the filling station. A man was looking at it and I said to him, "it sure looks like I had to pee bad, doesn't it?" We had a good laugh.

While at the deli counter a man said to the clerk that if that's Star Kist Tuna in that salad he wouldn't buy it because Nancy Polassi owned it. Yes, he pronounced her name wrong, which of course is Pelosi. I said that was not true but he insisted that it was. I checked it out on Snopes and I was right. Falsities are easily spread on the internet and especially through FB. Probably from the Russians. The fact is in the past five years Star Kist has contributed $5,300 to Republicans and not one cent to Democrats.
Bill

#26   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 03:53 PM
Saint Johns FL

Hails from United States

Thanks Doug and QS. My daughters cam over and they want us to do a trip in March for 10 days. I'm still trying to get Chris to commit to the April trip and staying a while.

QS, glad they won't have to tear up your floor. June, sorry to hear that you have plumbing problems too.

Bill, that was funny. You are so right about internet rumors spreading so easily. I'm surprised by how many people spread them without checking. I would like to know how Pelosi got so rich on a congressional salary. Enough politics. How's the diet going?

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 05:24 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Marshall, Pelosi's husband founded a venture capital firm, which has done very well. He is also a graduate of Harvard Business School. I would hesitate to say she used her influence for business purposes. She seems to be an honest person.
Bill

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 09:10 PM
Saint Johns FL

Hails from United States

Thanks Bill. I've seen that question asked many times but never seen an answer/explanation.

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 01:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Hello everyone.

Hot here, very hot. No rain so far.

QS so sorry for your leak.

Char so glad you got out to dinner xx.

Today cousins Elise and Charlotte went to tne movies, Roslyn Tania and i had lunch. We were feeling sad as sister Naasha and her 4 children left this morning to go home to Greerton. She's such a gem, and her children are gorgeous, we are missing her.

Elise is cooking chicken, Roslyn made a salad forr dinner. Be back when I can.

Much love, and serious hugs for those in pain and hurting.

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 01:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Uschi, my health is great xx, thak you for asking.