WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM
A Local Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: **Daily Wash Saturday 12th May 2012**

Hi busy day.......Quiz evening tonight in a barn...we won..bags of toffees and mints.

Hasnt rained for hours.. hurray

good night all

geoff
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon!

It was a lovely day, now wind is coming up and sky is clouding over and it feels like a thunderstorm is on the way.

Thanks to the naproxen I played fantastically and 2 1/2 hours straight without sitting down. It would be VERY tempting to take one every day, but I KNOW they aren't good to take on a regular basis.

I am forever gardening and nothing much seems to get done, pull some here, dig some there, I have a million perennials in my garden and I guess I am also getting slow. My backyard lawn is covered in Forget-me-nots, Blackeyed Susans, Flo's wild bluebells and empty spaces where bugs got into it last summer. It's a mess!! I too dislike using pesticide and herbicide but have no idea how to control the things without it and even if I wanted to, one can't buy the stuff here any more.

I am going to buy more daylilies, some are very beautiful and soooooo simple to grow - don't need watering, no bugs, lovely foliage when they are not blooming and hopefully they choke out the Blackeyed Susans

Judy, I can feel your frustration!!

Geoff, good for you!! You two must be smarty pants

Sylvia, what kind of perennial flowers did you buy and plant??? This must be the year for bunnies because I have seen several just hopping around in people's front yard.

Droll - you made me laugh!!!

Hi Reiki!!

Gill, great to see you drop in!! Sorry things are frustrating for you!!

Lynn, any photos of the fashion show??? Would LOVE to see some. Your grandson looks great!!

Gail, I think it's time for my Bougy to go outside too and about time

I bought some pork chops, I will bread and fry them.

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 05-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Good afternoon everyone -it's been a beautiful, warm day here (finally)!

Don and Gail - if they're barred owls, their "who cooks for you" call is lovely, but their high-pitched scream is not. I only heard the scream for the first time a couple of nights ago - just getting ready of bed and heard about 3 - very unnerving - SIL checked on the ducks and let the new cat in. I spoke with my NIL the next day (he's a fantastic birder) and he laughed and said yes, that was a barred owl. Betty
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa

Hails from New Zealand

Just catching up on the wash as we drive to Hamilton, will watch the children's watersports then go back with them for dinner. Have a car load of produce and beef for them.