WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Re: The Oil Gusher May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirl Parker
Try giving him ginger. You can get candied ginger at the grocery. http://canigivemydog.com/ginger

Shirl, thank you for the link. Have you given your dog candied ginger???

Your link doesn't suggest that specifically.

Last edited by halthepainter : 05-10-2012 at 03:01 PM.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Pearl likes spicy things. I haven't needed to give it to her, but I take it occasionally myself (I'm not too fond of chewing grass). Works a charm for stomach upsets.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Hal, so sorry about Gus! Maybe a late reaction of post surgery medication??? Around here the allergy/pollen season is in high swing... My super dog, The Late Sampson, would have sinus reactions to seasonal allergies, kind of gag or spit up & eat the grass. I hope that is all our favorite gus has !!
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

Hi again, thanks Steve, Pat and Hal for your encouragement.
So on Wednesday I talked to my boss and told him I wasn't going to stay in the clinic for 4 weekly hours, and we agreed that I'll stay until the end of the month. Then I fell really ill with fever and bronchitis, luckily I had a short day on Thursday, so I could lay in bed for most of it.
Now I'm getting better.

Hal, sorry to hear about Gus, hope he feels better.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Gus seems all better after eating his field of grass. I expect to see it coming out over today and tomorrow.

He has the sessions now and then when he just has to eat grass.

Can't seem to find any more good frame sales. Perhaps I'll have to try making my own again. That process is just so time consuming and doesn't save a whole lot of money.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM
the coast in MA

Hails from United States

DH had a good report from cardiologist today. She is reducing his blood pressure meds as his blood pressure is now quite low, which is cousing some dizziness.
In 2 weeks he sees the surgeon, who will give him the go ahead for driving and other things.....but he will go into a cardiac rehab program after that. I heard grumbles, but it will be good to do this.
Seems to get sunny around here at the end of the day, however, tomorrow is supposed to be stellar.
Hope Gus is still doing well.

Pat
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I'm suffering serious withdrawals. My main computer is down and I'm on my backup but it's not in convienient location.

So I may be offline a good part of the time and less responsive than normaL..

Pat great for your DH.

Gus seems to be doing quite well.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 AM
the coast in MA

Hails from United States

Ugh...I hate when that happens. Good luck getting it back.
Gorgeous day here.

Pat
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:23 PM
A Local Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi all I'm alive and kicking just been very tired and very busy trying to get stuff done for UKCPS this will be my first juried exhibition! I abandoned one as it wouldn't take any more coats as I started it on Wc paper and it kept scuffing. So I got some stonehenge and had to start all over again.

Hal i love your tale of courtship and your wife looks lovely. Pets can be demanding - I'm sure gus had his reasons. Animals have a way of knowing what to do to heal themselves. As shirl says, if he'll eat it try ginger - it is good for the digestion, or you try him on GingerNut biscuits I(small cookies or whatever you call them over there) if he won't eat it any other way.

Steve - no, not the same competition, all ours were from the Nuneaton area. There is one in Stafforshire at the Tamworth Assembly Rooms. That could be it? Was a long night. One of 2 people listened. Some in the US, although some couldn't get it on line for some odd reason.Hope your interview went well. It could be better than you thought. I wouldn't fancy a glider but would love to go up in a helicopter.

Mo! - so good to see you back with us. Glad your hubby is on the slow road to recovery. Mo - get you on the vertebrae - that's what I have mine is C4 and is extensive. if it's erosion they call it spondylitis. I totally understand as I live with every day. As for internet security - we use a free downloadable one from Microsoft. i've had a trojan with norton and Zone Alarm caused Conflicts and McAfee was awful and after the year it would NOT let us delete it. Kaspersky was not user friendly and Black Ice conflicted with everything. So now we stick to Microsoft Essentials. It's a pain when you have to get yoru hard drive cleaned. I went to a good guy who managed to save all myh stuff.We wiwll be in your neck of the woods in July. Amroth!

Talkinka - sorry to hear about your job woes. It's not a good economy at the moment. Hope you find something suitable soon.

Pat - glad your DH is recovering well.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
A Local Legend

For those who couldn't tune in I've resized some photos of the night of me driving the live broadcast mixing desk and interviewing acts, hosts, judges etc.

Me with our Chairman at start of event just before I go on air.

interviewing the organiser before the start, but live on air. We wnet live at 7pm and the stage Battle of The Bands started at 7.30pm

Then I interviewed the acts as they came off after their performance.

This soulful solo singer won the 'Judges Award'

#71   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM
the coast in MA

Hails from United States

Thanks for the great pictures, Lin. The kids looked a little scared. Were they?
Hope you are feeling better, Tali.

Another nice day so far, though rain espected later. I am going out to pick asparagus before that. Not sure how much of a garden we will have this year, but do hope to get a few tomatoes in.

Pat
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States

Wow, two days without messages. Hello everyone
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

HI Pat, Shirl. I'm working on a backup computer at an inconvenient location so my responses will be limited.

Plus it's older and slower.

I just signed on today and had 55 messages.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2012, 08:26 AM
A Local Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirl Parker
Wow, two days without messages. Hello everyone

Haha could have been because i've been laid up for 2 days.
Been having a really bad week but last 2 days have been the pits. Thursday I spent most of the day drifting in and out of sleep. I got up around 4.30 and it took me about an horu to get out of bed after i was finally awake enough to do so - thenI lay in my chair under my snuggie blanket only waking for dinner.
Not much better yesterday but I did manage to mindlessly move a pencil about to add a couple of layers to a bland area of a work I'm doing for the UKCPS - almosty mindlessly. I also managed to fill in a form to join the UKCPS.

I've not been sleeping well all week and my eyes have been really really bad and sore like gritty and running.

Today although I ache i'm a little more alert and plan to go out to town and it isn't raining!! I have errands to run - when my eyes stop running.

Pat - that was after their performance so more relieved I think lol
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Lin with you laid up and me with computer problems, I guess there is very little activity here.

Lin: UKCPS.... Colored Pencil Society???

Alas the ASMA (American Society of Marine Artists) turned down my request for signature status.

Small consulation prize: three of my oil pastels have been jurried into a seacoast resort art show for June 2nd.

I was going to apply for professional status in our OP society but my confidence is a bit shaken at the moment.

Last edited by halthepainter : 05-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.