WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Move Your Body N Mind and Ill do the Rest ...Ld

Mostly when Im doing a drawing that well for the most part has some issues and Im the first to admit it , and mostly Im getting to a stage Im seeing my own mistakes ... (well hopefully getting better , and Im reminded how I need to start trusting my own self intuition..... I dont always think Im doing as good as I could be , but then every now and then there is that one drawing , that well for the most part grabs me and makes me stop and Sigh .......

this the long pose at school atm ... Ive drawn him lots but this the closet Iv come , I felt it was worth the share .... Im really struggling bad atm with my internal thoughts towards my work ... I never seem to like my own gig and I guess its part of the process for me ... but I am seeing some light shinning here through with this even for all the faults ... being the major one his length , I had the midway point from which I was working but then self doubt crept in and wham I basically chopped him off a head and Half , but my teacher was pleased to see my gestural thinking in this and that was music to my ears for the most part ... I am the Artist and this road is a privilage for me to travel bumps and All ...Learning as ever ...

Size a2 UB ME BE ~WE ALL BE ~GRAPHITE

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Move Your Body N Mind and Ill do the Rest ...Ld

Oily Sister, don't be disappointed at all...nice work! I think you have the perfect attitude to want to grow with each effort..you certainly have.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog

Last edited by !becca : 05-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Move Your Body N Mind and Ill do the Rest ...Ld

Thankyou Beccs ...Humbled to say the least ... at such great words about me ...cheers oily g...
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 AM
south coast Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: Move Your Body N Mind and Ill do the Rest ...Ld

Hey- Miss S we can all see more improvements each time you post- so I hope you can look back over some earlier work and see it too!
Don't expect to "like" your work until you can honestly say "this is the best I can do right now" and not compare your work with anyone else's.
I read somewhere that it is good to treat each painting (drawing) like a postcard of where you were at that moment on the way to improving skills.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
WC! Guide
I follow my laptop.

Hails from South Africa

Hey Alexandra, this is a beautiful drawing. Love the poise of the head. The hand could be a bit bigger (always rather too big than too small) and at first sight not too sure what to think of the arm but what a beautiful line you have drawn down his back to his buttocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
A Local Legend
Arizona

Hails from United States

All good thoughts passed on here ~~
My thoughts are that you are surely growing into what you aspire to become. Its easy to lose sight of it all as your sturggling along the way, but just look backward and youl see.

I see humilty here, and to me thats a good thing,along the way.

I also see greatness for you and Miss Sandra -- so keep it up.

You said this was long pose--- how long ?
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
The Left Coast

Hails from United States

Dear Woman,

DO NOT BEAT yourself up! You are doing fine and good! IN fact, when you are taking on new ideas - it can feel and seem like our current drawings are not so wonderful - and then - lo and behold - we pop out to some new level !

so - that's what I think is going on! And - do not beat yourself up - leave that , as ever, (of course) -to me!

-Kevin
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kevinwueste
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast
Wellington

Hails from New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin art
but I am seeing some light shinning here through with this even for all the faults ... being the major one his length

Hi Gorgeous!
He's not too long, the paper is too short!

I can see what you mean, but all life is a learning curve!

See the good as well. From his feet to his waist seem exactly right to me.

Jonathan.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
London

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin art
.. I never seem to like my own gig

I quite like this one Sandra. Who said they are for you to like? That is our job.
Rob
Blog: http://www.treeshark.com/treeblog
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Hey dear miss Beth , wonderful encouragement from you , I fully agree but there's only one thing I do compare my work to those around me ,it's only natural I think! mostly my teachers , ha 'yeah I am deluded ~try standing in class next to one of them when they are drawing it's just so good for the soul that and the fact it inspires me to keep pushin on ...

Hey Michael , I'm not quite sure myself what to think of that hand either lol , mostly I didn't get him fully drawn for about 2 half hours in that time im making makes having doubts and somtime rubbing back fault lines etc , it's just the start but I felt good an see lots here to like in this and also for your lovely words , which is lovely to know you see the beauty in my work ~

Gosh CArol ~ as ever you make me blush with such wonderful praise And I know that greatness is due to lots of factors , mostly and that to have a fellow artist that knows how hard this is to draw from life and do this as we carry on our merry way drawing nakked beauty
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwueste
Dear Woman,

DO NOT BEAT yourself up! You are doing fine and good! IN fact, when you are taking on new ideas - it can feel and seem like our current drawings are not so wonderful - and then - lo and behold - we pop out to some new level !

so - that's what I think is going on! And - do not beat yourself up - leave that , as ever, (of course) -to me!

-Kevin

My Dear Sweet Man ,

You are one of the groovist most modest greatest guys ! Oh ' did I mention incredible artist type , you walk amongst thee Angels to me! Me ' oh I'm just some late sixties blonde that needs to get a grip lead away Good Sir !!!!!

Hey j ~ I'm looking for the gorgeous girl your talking to , lol it can't be me I have teabag eyes literally from Constance drawing my hair is liken to straw and my fingers are stained from graphite it ain't right but it's close ; -/!!

Well Rob guess u got something there cheers glad u see this as so !!!

Last edited by lovin art : 05-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
A Local Legend
San Diego, California

Hails from India

Hi Sandra, this is real good. Beautiful flowing lines and contours and all. Am also liking all those line marks you have left, at the feet, at the knee. I don't do any of that, but now that I see, I can figure how useful it is to get the gesture come across logically. Keep going. The day we are happy with what we do is the day we stop progressing.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2012, 04:09 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Kiran , I always thought at one point my work doesnt seem to, (I mean theres a difference to holding that wonderful flowing feel of say a master Artist to a rather Loose uninhibited feel to drawing within any resounding Line or mark making that we approach in any given drawing guess I saying here it must still have thought for it to work and work correctly ... but I do see it happening more and more in my work , of course we cant always have things/grasp them quite how we would like , for the most part , so I guess thats why for the most part I felt this was worth the share .. it had a spark for me , and any work that holds that spark for me even hardly drawing a fully finished structured one, is still a drawing worth some consideration .... yes mostly to learn from for my point of view...!!:00

Aeh My lines as you put it are a tool for me to see where things should be laying and realized measurements when they work and these are for the most part my reference to finding my way ...a relative understanding of making those marks helps to see the tilt and gesture of the figure as I start to draw , mostly I will start within a given halfway point ... we must have at least a access point to work from slowly refining this as we go ....

Last edited by lovin art : 05-11-2012 at 04:22 AM.