WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Winter Wolves

I only have a quick moment so I'll have to do a group thank you!
I'm not really feeling this one like I hoped to have been by now. I'm struggling with the BG and it's fighting me with every scratch.
I might end up getting the Airbrush out before it's all said and done.
More work on the....well....everything
Here's only a pittance of another 3 hours on it. Hopefully I'll get more scratchin' time in. Life has been keeping me too busy here lately
And to everyone who was commented...Thank You! Your comments mean more than you all know

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member
San Jose

Hails from United States

Alan, I don't think the BG is fighting you. It is turning up to be a stunner. I love the tree bark especially. Can't wait to see the face of the wolf.

My Facebook
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

background looks done enough, at least for now - get to the wolf.....
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Shone...Thanks Buddy Oh it's been fighting me...Really Hard! It's landed more than a few jabs and uppercuts squarely in my artistic confidence's jaw. In fact a couple times I thought I was Knocked out....But hey.... I'm to dumb to stay down
Time to stagger back to my feet and get to work

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Robert....I FEEL THE SAME WAY!!!! I wanna' be done with the BG....But alas....It ain't done with me! Thanks Man!

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

It looks great, Allan! I know you're fighting it, but as Robert said, move on when you get stuck. That's the great thing about scratchboards - you can just go work on another part of it.

From your first post to your second, the background above the wolf's back gained a lot more depth - I like it. I know the wolf will be excellent, and the tree texture is fab, but I'm really liking the way you handled the snow patch.

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Thanks Ann I did move on for a break....but I keep going back to the BG cause it's driving me bonkers
I'm starting to get a grip on it tonight though...I think!
The snow under the wolf was the easiest part...I thought for sure it would be the area I would struggle on. I took a Fiberglass brush and took the entire area down to white. I kept the black ink dust, from the Fiber brush on a seperate piece of paper. I then ran my finger through the dust and then slid my finger across the area I had just used the Fiberglass brush on. No DNA, just my finger coated with the ink dust. I then cleaned out the highlights with the Fiberglass brush.
I thought that would work as it was at that point. Well I was wrong. The ink dust would smear and rub off, so I then used a regular brush with a little DNA on it and simply painted over the areas where the dust was.
It's really simple....I think I made it sound a lot more difficult!

Now....Back to the fight!!!

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

It's no fight with the BG Allan, it's just some good natured sparring. You know even the Champ brings in the best sparring partners to make him work harder. That's why he's the champ. I really like the idea of trying the ink dust on your board. That's pretty cool, Yeah DNA. It's coming along great.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Life has been keeping me busy everywhere except with my art...but I was able to sneak a few more hours into this...even though its not all too obvious

Thanks Ann I keep bouncing around the board...well not really Just a few scratches here and there on the wolf then back to that frustrating BG.

Harold, Thanks for the words of support Brother! This sparring is a real PAIN! Oh well...the dust is flying and I'm having a good time At times I look like I have Black eyes from the board!

Ooops...had to come back and add the update!

Thanks for gandering!

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
A Local Legend
Martha's Vineyard, MA

Hails from United States

Woah--Allan that background is really looking goog.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Lord of the Arts
Forest Lake, Mn

Hails from United States

It's looking grand Allan. I absolutely love the tree bark. Out of your head and no reference. Well, it's fabulous- but what I really want to know is what goes on in your head that you know tree bark so intimately! LOL. Can't wait to see the wolf further along and also love the snow area. I did actually like your evergreens in the second posting better than the last one. You had alot of depth- some of them were so nice and softened, blurring into the bg. But since you are still "fighting" and knowing where you always end up (wonderful pieces) I suspect I will end up loving them too...
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

You're creating some great space in this!! Like the space between your ears
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 PM

it looks great so far. and such a huge scratching!!
just wanted to say i really like the tree in the foreground. very real looking.
cant wait to see it done. should be awesome.

Terry