WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Oil Painting - Hall of Fame
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#316   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States
Re: The Oily Rag....................Come and Chat, May 2012

Sometimes a step back puts you in a position for greater progress, good luck with it Paul.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #317   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
north bay area, CA

Hails from United States

i don't usually post here, if i'm not wrong this is the place to share other media art besides oils? anyways here is a digital painting i did for a business card, minus the text. 1956 ford f100

#318   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Yes, Keith, we look at all media here...thanks for contributing..cool digital work!!!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #319   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 09:42 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

I never did get to my painting today, but I have hope for tomorrow...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #320   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I will get to it today, too. Painting. I'm trying to get people to understand that painting should be my MAIN job and all the rest is fill-in, instead of the other way around!

It cost $220 for my car's service; I was well past the 15,000 mile check-up, tire rotation, filter changes, etc. etc. as well as the oil and lube. Yeesh! That is a lot of money for a car that feels and runs the same as before!

#321   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

I know what you mean, Nancy, I hate paying for car maintenance..I used to do most of it myself before they made that so difficult to do.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #322   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Virginia, US

Hails from Norway

Just a random thought or two at the end of a tiresome day: Yesterday, I was so happy to overcome a struggle I was having with a beach scene - I finally found the right color for the water - after being so unhappy with what I came up with the previous weekend. That feeling is more joyous than most others I can think of! I think I have found something I will enjoy learning how to do for a long time to come.

I thought the other night, right before going to sleep: "I have to live to a very old age, so I can paint many pictures and learn to be good at it!"
  #323   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toril
I thought the other night, right before going to sleep: "I have to live to a very old age, so I can paint many pictures and learn to be good at it!"
As someone who already is old, I can guarantee that you will still be just as inspired and driven to perfect your art as you are now!

#324   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I had a problem much like yours, Paul, with my "Guitar Man" - I had to abandon the first canvas and start over on another. I will scrub off and re-prime the first one for another painting.

#325   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:36 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Toril, that is what we all think.

I went outside for a walk and it was so pleasant out I decided to go paint at the lake..went all the way out there...set up and discovered I had no medium in my medium jar... just mixed some, may go back out, don't know.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #326   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

It looks like the screamer thread "NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" has been terminated by a moderator at last. I wondered why such an insulting and rude thread was allowed to go on so long!

#327   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Well, Nancy, I hadn't been looking in the forum much today...and I stopped following that thread early...guess some things just take time.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #328   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 11:59 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

I am so disappointed about my painting..still don't know if I am going back or not tonight.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #329   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Virginia, US

Hails from Norway

Nancy, at least we all got a view of the temperament of a (misunderstood) genius! Reminded me of some of the statements Odd Nerdrum has made over the years... He claimed for a while that his paintings were kitch.
  #330   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

I guess it is the fate of genius to be misunderstood.
Becca's Fine Art my blog