WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: The Greenies Room - May 2012

Hey Noods, guess what they want for your Artsphere over here..... $129. Big diff from Jerry's 39.99. I have sent them an email to ask what postage would be to Australia.... might pay me to buy over there.

See what I mean, We pay thru the nose for Art stuff here and dont have nearly the options or variety the States have. What a Bummer

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

I saw Maddie today. His eye did not look all that bad considering the vet removed two flaps of tissue from the cornea. It actually looks clearer than it has been for a while. Hopefully this time it will heal correctly. He is still on the pain meds but aside from that was very amiable and happy to be fed carrots and mints without having to work for them.
Aint nothing illegal til you get caught - Tickle
My RIL Photos Discoveries With Color My Photos
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Texas

Hails from United States

Carol, great news about Maddie!!

Several weeks ago one of our artists from our Studio moved to Florida so that she and DH could be closer to one of their daughters and her husband. Today we found out that another artist is moving to Houston so they can be near their daughter's family. Boo Hoo!! We are a close bunch, so this hurts. The last one is our tech person. . .boo hoo, again! She does want to still travel with us, though! We are planning on going back to New Mexico for our painting week, so hope we can work that out for her, too!

Hugs to all that I missed, too!!

Katherine
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

HI Peeps - quick hello

Carol - Charlie had that done to his eye too - a few times - the loose bits of the cornea do irritate a lot.

Meryl - the wattle? - hyacinths do that to me - love the flowers, can't be near them!

Lunch then paint - that damned bird of paradise a certain someone decreed we should use ******!!!!!!! Thank you K. dear

Lovely day for a change - sunny, a pleasant 60F so had a nice walk and got some pics of emerging hawthorn blossom and cowslips.
Even have the plants out of the greenhouse hardening off so I can plant them out -

Have a try at this http://www.selfcontrolfreak.com/pakken.html .......... be warned!!!!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
- hyacinths do that to me - love the flowers, can't be near them!
Hyacinths stink. They give me an instant headache.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Chad

You girls can sniff me, I won't give you no headache !

Raymo's Super Hot Damn Art-o-Rama Page
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 02:59 PM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Hi All,

Carol glad Maddie got some relief now for the permanent healing.

Sorry I've been a bit absent, trying to get Lori packed as it is now a rush. In the midst of that Karlie has to be packed and moved out of the apartment dorm by today, Lori has to get her this evening and Jess's birthday is this Friday and that's the day of her prom...haha Nothing like photos amid boxes and upheavel. Course as Karlie and I discussed that we both agreed wasn't it nice of them to have a prom for Jess' birthday... knowing full well Jess figures that's why it's on Friday..haha

I'm pooped, no time to work on my PP and dragging poor Willie with me is less then a treat but long days and it would be worse to leave him at home.

Sorry Meryl was gonna post, but I see someone we know wasn't able to connect with the statement like we did anyway...haha Yeah that's way to much to pay for that. It's now 35.99 at Jerry's, super sale but tho they say they'll ship to Australia they don't say for how much and they mention duty and other possible complications and a special form that needs to be filled out, but they say they can ship it. Would need to talk to someone about that. Really stinks.

We're Hyacinth safe here they all got battered in all the rain and it hasn't stopped yet, still on and off all day. Poor sun is trying so hard to come out with not much luck, it's starting to get depressing having every day gray and wet...haha Will say tho there is a bit of color in my garden the Poppy's are popping, just love the color of them.

Well gotta tend to Larry he has to go to bed even earlier then usual..haha
has to get up at 4AM tomorrow to go install something on a roof, sure hope not in the rain.. I'll feed him early and eat at Lori's later.

Well gotta run but I will see you all tomorrow at some point, as soon as I'm back to normal, wait that just is never going to happen. LOL

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

You are a busy bee Elaine - just don't rurn yourself ragged will you? Take care

Managed to get to our other place yesterday - got the grass cut and and stayed a wee while but as the weather was predicted to be bad, we came home in the evening ........ started to rain again now and we're in for LOTS and LOTS of the stuff over next 24 hours ........ so depressing.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My saa website**
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Lots of activity again in the neighborhood today. . .they cut down two pine trees in the backyard where they are putting the pool. DH said they may regret that because those might have been blocking the golf balls from their house as their backyard in on the fairway!!

Sat in the dentist chair for hours this morning as I had broken a tooth. . .well, the dentist told me that I had done a GOOD job breaking the tooth! Beward of Vanilla Wafers. . .that was the culprit!! Oh, do not try to drink out of a soft drink bottle when your mouth is numb. . .it does not stay where you put it, I found out! Blush!!

Maureen, glad you had a break in your weather so that you could get some work taken care of!! Stay dry!!

Elaine, I had to sit down and rest just reading your day and plans!! You need to light some of those soothing candles to help everyone to relax!!

Off to see what I can get into. . .we have a dinner at the Church tonight!!

Hugs, Katherine

Raymo, I will have a section of our May Garden roped off for you, too! Blue will have one area and you can have the other!!
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Chad

Wow...looks like somebody hacked into my account and posted under my name. Ahhh, wadda ya gonna do ? Don't even think about sniffing me up.....perverts !

Does Katherine have a thing for me or what ? I bet she's hot.

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
120kms south of Brisbane, Australia

Hails from Australia

There There Raymo, settle petal.... I dont think Teach has plans to sniff you up...... more like stick you in the ground and use you for MANURE

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. (Thomas Merton)
C&C Most Welcome and Desired.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiqueteacher
Carol, great news about Maddie!!
well hopefully it will turn out good. But his eye has been such a problem for the last 2.5 years, so I won't be holding my breath for a good outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo
You girls can sniff me, I won't give you no headache !
Don't worry I doubt anyone is going to sniff you, with Teena standing guard. She might give us headaches if we sniff you....yeah....better known as a punch to the head.....aint going there with that one.

Hiya Miss Elaine. You were missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiqueteacher
Beware of Vanilla Wafers. . .that was the culprit!!
I broke a tooth on soft bread once. Bad timing. It just decided to disintegrate then and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo
I bet she's hot.
of course Katherine is hot...she is operating at around 37.
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Chad

All my ex's live in Texas

You girls need to be nicer to ol Raymo or you aintta gonna have him to kick around no mo....

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

You wouldn't think of deserting us would you?

**My saa website**
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Promises. . .promises. . .promises!!

Katherine