WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 10:14 AM
WC! Guide
I follow my laptop.

Hails from South Africa
Re: The Drawing Room May 6 ~ May 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowHawk7
We could use some rain ... we've been around 90 forever it seems and have a number of wildfires around us. It was dense smoke here yesterday morning.
Careful, you may just call on a hurricane
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Immortalized
Dublin

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennychaffin
What happens in Johannesburg, stays in Johannesburg....or maybe not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ejHH...layer_embedded

Michael!

Morning all! Its a public holiday here so all's quiet. Do you remember the pics I posted of the swans on the canal here who were nesting? well they have six lovely babies. Took these this morning in between hail showers!

Only one baby duck though!

A couple of shots of the lock too.

Grrr! The dock is in focus but the lock itself is soft!

"Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul". W. Somerset Maugham.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
A WC! Legend
a German living in Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowHawk7
But isn't that the way you maintain your reputation as the Emerald Isle?

By the way this rain is carrying on ..... there will be no Emerald Island left We will be flooded out of it

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennychaffin
Apparently the Irish sky has gone to The Dark Side.

it bloody well has

Today we are getting about 30 minutes of nice sky (actual blue with big fluffy clouds) just to get rain or hailstones for the next hour after that ..... arghhhhhh

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeleric
I just don't walk at all in that part of town .

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Gorgeous photos Gerri I just loooooove the second one, fabulous

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
A WC! Legend
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri Mc

Uh, oh. Did the hail whack the others? Run li'l swans! Run!!!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin G.
Gorgeous photos Gerri I just loooooove the second one, fabulous

Yeah, see that one is already working on the neck-stretching exercises!
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Alabama

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri Mc

Morning all! Its a public holiday here so all's quiet. Do you remember the pics I posted of the swans on the canal here who were nesting? well they have six lovely babies. Took these this morning in between hail showers!

A couple of shots of the lock too.

Grrr! The dock is in focus but the lock itself is soft!

Awwww....how cute...

Have a great Holiday, Gerri and Katie!!
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Alabama

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin G.
it bloody well has

Today we are getting about 30 minutes of nice sky (actual blue with big fluffy clouds) just to get rain or hailstones for the next hour after that ..... arghhhhhh

It is pretty here right now but we are expecting some stormy times later today and tomorrow...sigh...it is spring in Alabama...

Kenny, you keep that stuff up your way, okay? I...don't...want...it!

I have really done it now. We had a stray six month old pup come up with a broken leg. It looked to be an old break and would have been several thousand dollars to fix, so I had three vets look at it and finally agreed to amputate the leg. She is such a sweet dog, part border colley, part german sheperd. I brought her home Saturday morning after the surgery on Thursday. My son took her out of the car to take her inside and she had to poo, so he put her down in the grass. She took off to the woods running and son couldn't catch her. She is terrified of my dogs (they are as tame as can be but she didn't know that)...long story short, I have a newly amputee dog in my woods. Son and I have cried and worried and begged her to no avail. My dad is bringing over his live trap cage this afternoon so that we can try to catch her with food. She NEEDS to be inside with her pain meds and antibiotics. Not running wild in the woods with the coyotes! I am such a tender heart about animals so this is really killing me. I feel responsible and so does my son. We just had no way to anticipate her reaction. She was so sweet and loving with us and with the vets office. No clue that she was terrified of other dogs.

All we can do is try to catch her. Don't know anything else we can do.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyBren
I have really done it now. We had a stray six month old pup come up with a broken leg. It looked to be an old break and would have been several thousand dollars to fix, so I had three vets look at it and finally agreed to amputate the leg. She is such a sweet dog, part border colley, part german sheperd. I brought her home Saturday morning after the surgery on Thursday. My son took her out of the car to take her inside and she had to poo, so he put her down in the grass. She took off to the woods running and son couldn't catch her. She is terrified of my dogs (they are as tame as can be but she didn't know that)...long story short, I have a newly amputee dog in my woods. Son and I have cried and worried and begged her to no avail. My dad is bringing over his live trap cage this afternoon so that we can try to catch her with food. She NEEDS to be inside with her pain meds and antibiotics. Not running wild in the woods with the coyotes! I am such a tender heart about animals so this is really killing me. I feel responsible and so does my son. We just had no way to anticipate her reaction. She was so sweet and loving with us and with the vets office. No clue that she was terrified of other dogs.

oh Bren, I am sorry to hear that she took off But dont feel bad, you were not to know how she would react.
you catch her really soon

#27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Immortalized
Dublin

Hails from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyBren
It is pretty here right now but we are expecting some stormy times later today and tomorrow...sigh...it is spring in Alabama...

Kenny, you keep that stuff up your way, okay? I...don't...want...it!

Oh Bren - that is such a worry! You were so good to look after her...hope you can catch her!

Just saw this piece of surfing it is stunning!! My nephews are really into this sort of thing. It is off the coast of Portugal

"Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul". W. Somerset Maugham.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 PM
A WC! Legend
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

OMG Bren! What a mess. You wouldn't think a dog fresh from hospital would run away....but....
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
on my chair

Hails from Canada

Oh I forgot to mention, I love your photos, Gerri.
Where is the line up for requested copies? I like the one with the swan & babies with the bark in the background, best.

Sorry you are having such rain, there, Kathrin. I'm glad you can be in doors though. And you aren't one to just brew but your are one energetic person!! I wished I had 1/2 your energy!!

Awww Bren, I am so sorry to hear that poor fur friend took a run. LORD willing, it will come back. That food trap sounds good.
You are such a sweetie and tender hearted.
I don't have need of any amputation but sure would like to move on your property. You got an extra shed I could live in? ha ha ha

Please let us know what happens.
And I hope you and your son don't carry the guilt of this dog running. Sometimes, I wonder what they are really afraid of. Who knows what all they have been through? Bless your dear heart and your son.
I pray it comes back to you [whether you keep it or it gets another home] without being attacked or any other harm.

Bless you, everyone.... see ya. Irma

Sorry, didn't mean to omit the guys contribution.
Michael, I'm sorry that there are *rough* parts of the world... no matter where. I have heard some terrible things of that area. It is so sad....
Stay safe!! We wouldn't want *pumpkin* worrying now. She doesn't have time for that with her *load* of stuff that she does.

And Kenny.... are you penning or penciling?? ENJOY!!!

And Ken is busy with *fur*.... ok, checking out.... see ya all. IR

~~~~~~~~
thinking I should go back to bed/sleep and try getting up with my *head* alert!! I thought I had posted on here but see I didn't, so how could I forget to mention? DAH!!!!
I won't tell you of the other bloopers I've done lately... ha ha ha
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Now that's some serious gas!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/17953792