I thought making the colored pencil stick on canvas was the only challenge I have to deal with—I couldn't more wrong!
I never have thought my first commission would entail so many firsts!
1. First time to work on a large scale drawing. It's driving ME nuts!
2. First time to work on a large scale polyptych drawing. Believe me, it's much easier if this was just a single large panel.
3. First time to combine several photo references for composition. Hey, I'm still a newbie ok?
4. First time to draw water lilies. Whites and lights are the hardest thing to render with CP on canvas.
5. First time to draw a dry leaf. I don't even know how to make it look like it's floating on water.
6. First time to draw bamboo. I thought it was easy—I was wrong again.
7. First time to draw underwater rocks. Finding the right eraser to do the job took me a while.
8. First time to draw coins and shell. Good thing they're underwater so not much details needed.
9. First time to draw Koi fishes. One is already difficult enough, but five of them?
10. First time to make a color chart for a drawing. I've learned this here at WC, it's a life saver.
I'm not over the hill yet, but slowly and steadily, I'll get there somehow. . .
Thank you all for your continued support.