WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Salem Oregon

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Inferno

MY IMAGE(S):
[IMG]http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-04-2012/1056072_Dante_s_Infe
o_wc.jpg[/IMG]

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Infe
o
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Another experiment in expressionism. Lots to see if you look hard.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just post your thoughts.
Attached Images

Last edited by ohanarts : 05-04-2012 at 04:04 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast
Boynton Beach, Fl. 33437

Hails from United States
Re: Inferno

Your painting looks like hell to me, no put intended. I can't really critique it since it has no real center of interest or much of any real life forms. I can ony wonder what you were thinking when you painted this. Is this your vision of where the politicians are going? I'll leave the critiques for others who follow. I just don't understand this art form.

Boynton Beach, Fl.FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008834&id=1336767036&l=a57d27ae4c[/font]
/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Salem Oregon

Hails from United States

When I paint these I have no preconceived idea of what will be in the painting. I pick contrasting colors, mix them around and look for images and what not. I then enhance what I see and hope for some cohesiveness. Based on the demons, dragons, bodies and the pig from hell, I would say this would be where the politicians should go.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Lol!! I think that may be a feeling amongst many! I can see lots in this work, I see figures, fire, pain, energy, dance, perhaps tribal ceremony, lots of colour and contrast, drugs, dreams, experiences, fantasy, hot versus cold, melting forms, insects, aliens, conflict and strain, frustration and fatigue, torture and imprisonment, distortion and horror! Much more too! I like it, I am not a big fan of abstract either, but i can feel a lot of different emotions in your work! My two cents worth anyway. keep going and post more. Cheers and be happy. Debs. =))
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

I see the Queen in the middle, in her long gown and over-garment, arms raised, 'Stop all the madness'! (kinda looks like a puddy cat with a crown ) Gads, she might even be pregnant!

I agree that a center of interest, some area of focus, would initially engage the viewer more, as it's a bit overwhelming at first.

Do what you love!

Last edited by song_bird : 05-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
agnes water 1770

Hails from Australia

Reminds me of the back wall in the Sistine Chapel. Creating a painting and factoring in 'luck' to make it work may serve initially but once you get a better handle on what you want to do, I think 'luck' will be replaced with 'skill'.