WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
A Local Legend
Pembrokeshire. West Wales UK

Hails from Wales
Nature in the raw.

Each Thursday a group of us go out painting, it’s always a different venue. This week it was the local naturist camp with grand views of the tidal estuary.

It rained the whole time I was painting so I stood in a summerhouse, or possibly a gazebo, not sure of the proper name but it kept me dry

Dave
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
— Allen Ginsberg
Are you ready for a Journey?
PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits please.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Lord of the Arts
London

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Nature in the raw.

Brrrr...did you take your kit off to paint? The distance works well, the mid and fore need a bit more weight.
Rob
Blog: http://www.treeshark.com/treeblog
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Wales

Hi Rob, Thanks for the great feed back, balancing landscapes is very difficult, I think I started to dark with the near distance and then as you say left the mid and foreground to light.

Apparently nudity is not obligatory even for the campers, most where wrapped up, just two working in the gardens as nature intended The man is interested in doing some life modelling. He should have a good tan by September

Dave
“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
— Allen Ginsberg
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
A WC! Legend
New York

Hails from United States

I like this a lot, Dave. That's a nice composition with the river winding through the land masses and it does feel like a rainy day. I am always embarrassed to paint in public and can't imagine if the public were not clothed!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
A Local Legend
Co Wexford, Ireland

Hails from Ireland

Jeez, Dave, I ws hoping for a mix of figure and plein air forums with this post, but then again if your April and now May is like ours, then that's not really on is it? Still, though I think it's a pretty decent effort, but I'd have preferred an indecent one!

Michael

My Website www.michaelmcguireart.com My Blog http://www.michaelmcguireart.blogspot.com
C&C welcome
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Wales

Hi Donna, the unclothed where very discreet and although I talked to them they never came to see what I was up to The Man who runs the place was concerned when they invited us to come that we might find nudity embarrassing but as his wife said any artist worth their salt will be used to life drawing.

Well I’ve been invited back Michael so maybe something to suit you will emerge and I can get something to work a little bit better with the painting

Dave
— Allen Ginsberg