WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada
Weeders Monthly Chat for May 2012

Happy May! Is it Spring anywhere in the northern hemisphere? Brrrr.

Here's what we were discussing last month.

Take care!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada
Re: Weeders Monthly Chat for May 2012

happy May, yesterday we got hit with a heavy thunderstorm and hail
today the sun is shining!! still too wet to get the garden spot tilled, and they are talking rain all wknd, might be a good painting wknd then.

I have to paint my hallway too....

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
A Local Legend
2001 transplant to NC USA

Hails from United States

sez 86 & overcast on my screen, but it's sunnny as all get-out!!! Shriners having a Fish Fry nearby tonite, so meeting the family... it's outside, of course, so apprehensive.... tomorrow starts Week FIFTEEN of congestion/coff... Dr Friday.... had a good week last week, then about died on the wkend... need an end to this... gimme shot, gimme pills, but let's DO this thing..... hoping it's nice weather ahead for all of you... cant believe Eeps said BRRR...

that was 409PM it's now 422 and i noticed the temp went up to 90 degrees.... brrrrrr, anyone???
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin

Last edited by kordelia : 05-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Adopted city Bangkok,Thailand

Hi everyone Happy May Month enjoy your nice weather

Here is a Quote from Kay at schedule's anyone interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Eeeek! Just finding out I have to work week of June 20th-23 in Phoenix and back too late to post images on the 22nd. Can anyone trade with me or move me to another date?

Thank you
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West Virginia

Hails from United States

Hello all you Sweet Peeps,

Sure looking forward to pretty May weather and all the pretty flowers being in bloom. spring is all in great colors in my neighborhood and it is nice to drive around and see all the porches getting freshen up and looking good. Had thunderstorms thur the night on tuesday but the world looked so clean wednesday morning.

Well work is calling, and I should go out enjoy those sweet mintues before I have to give in and do the work.!!! LOL

Enjoy your day!!

Vicki
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordelia
cant believe Eeps said BRRR...

that was 409PM it's now 422 and i noticed the temp went up to 90 degrees.... brrrrrr, anyone???

It's 8C right now and raining (42F I think?). Brrr. Splash.

So sorry that it's been 15 weeks with the cough.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM

Hails from United States

hmmm down in Texas it is cloudy but no rain and temps are hitting 89-90 most days so we are warm and humid and summer has arrived even if the kids are still in school
I will check and see if I can host in the June slot for Kay. He has been super busy and keeps leaving me and I need him here to host as I get into a mess and need my tech guy hee hee will let you know asap. Kor I really wish they could fix you girl. I think I need to start sending you some of my tea. Look for it in your stores it is called red bush or Rooibos and is very good for those sort of things. My youngest son was allergic big time as a baby and I would give him that tea instead of water in his bottle and he got over the allergies pretty well. It is the highest antioxidant tea there is. Otherwise give me your address and I will mail you some
I am busy trying to finish up my flower ATC swap cards only have 4 to go whoo hoo although it has been so much fun even if I still have to find time to go comment on them and the doors both I am way behind on commenting and so wish I could steal a day or three to do it.
Oh well soon
Have a good day folks and enjoy whatever weather you have going it will change soon anyway
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hi guys ..... well, gals

Astrid - if you could, that would be great, otherwise, the 'staff' will do it

Cold here too Eeps - def. brrrr every day and frost at night. It actually climbed as high as 8C (mid 40s) when the sun came out today.
Kor, was about to email you to see how things are - now I know.
For goodness sake girl, dump that coff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -ahem, cough

'Nother busy day for me - I just want a day when I don't have to do anything except chill out!
Have 60+ place cards/menu cards to do - designed, need to be printed and then I'll do the calligraphy ........ easy-peasy that's my tomorrow taken care of

Astrid said
Quote:
enjoy whatever weather you have going it will change soon anyway
- we've had this bitter cold and rain, hail, snow and wind for the whole of April - our summer was March ... it's not forecast to change again yet!

Ah well ........... such is life

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

Kor, so sorry that cough is hanging on. Maybe Astrid's tea will help. The weather here has been wet but warmer, 68F this morning. It's been a busy week on top of a stressful last week, nothing major just some issues with some of the artists in the gallery. Not totally resolved but my blood pressure is moving back down to its normal low. Slept late this morning so I'm behind... off to get some things done and maybe sneak in some time for the wde.
"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
A Local Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Hails from United Kingdom

I don't pop in here often, but there is something one off happening tomorrow night. I am not sure if some of you know but I am a radio presenter on local radio based at the hospital, but it goes out around North Warwickshire.

I wasn't around yesterday because I had a really abd day. i was in bed all day - couldn't get out, but I'm better for it today.

I need the energy for tomorrow night. The radio station is presenting a live event tomorrow called 'Battle of the Bands' and actually they aren't all bands there is a solo artist and a duo and various genres of music. i'm the presenter for the radio - reporting as it happens and doing the itnerviews etc. You will be able to hear the music AND me presenting it!!

If you would like to hear me live on air - on this Saturday night I am presenting 'Battle of The Bands - Live' from the event starting at 7pm BST. Go to www.ankerradio.co.uk and click on the 'Listen Live' button.

If you go to that website you can hear me in action!!!!!!

I think it will be afternoon for you guys in the US

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...in+Goodwin&iso

We have been asked about streaming so many times and been unable to do it. This is an experiment before commiting to some equipment. If you'd like to see what I do - It can be heard all over the world. If you d o listen in - let me know what you think.

Not sure about all the places but it will be around 11am noonish for USA.

It isn't all bands, there are also acoutsing and solo singer and duet with all sorts of music.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 AM

Hails from United States

Maureen hubby says so far it looks good for me to be able to host (read he hasn't any trips planned) so unless they snag him last minute I am your girl. If they do we will try set it up anyway. I took a picture of a sweet kitty at a friends house yesterday to add to my stash as I really don't have many animals.
Maureen sorry about the weather where we live that is the saying as hot or cold fronts can come in, in a matter of 2 hours or even less at times. You watch the news if you are going out to see if you need a jacket for coming home hee hee
Helen sorry for the stress my mom always says if you are angry go scrub the bathroom or the kitchen and let the anger work for you
Lin that sounds awesome hope all goes well and you have recovered and are peachy by then. Good luck.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

90 yesterday with AC acting up (of course!), 81 overcast right now, with a week of hi 70's predicted..........with POOL OPENING May 19 (my birthday... how cool is that..... no, literalllly, in the 70's doesnt make for a warm pool.... ah well, spring/summer is here...............) hopefulllly getting printer/laptop compatible today, guru is in town... have a wde i'd like to post, but laptop "doesnt recognize printer".... same one i had for awhile, but you know how that goes........................... i've kept realllllllly low profile all week, not talking much, sleeping a lot, resting my throat&voice... not coffing as much even after i dug in the lawn and brought in some beautiful smelllling cuttings (whatever it is, it's as close to lilac as you can find here in the south... love it )...... had to dig up all my sedum which was doing VERY well... new lawn people put mulch all over everything, choking my poor babies AND might spray weedkiller on anything green..... i hate HATE HOAs.......... YAY, guruSIL just called coming to re-acquaint puter/printer........ got a Jo Class this afternoon... talk ya...
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 12:55 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Lin, i tried...... (something) doesnt support the codec..... is what i got at the end... hope it was a roaring success and you were up to it and had a ball.... sorry to have missed it!

been "upright" for a couple hours now, coff starting again... wanted to mention here, if anyone gets coff/throat and lookng for good coughdrops... check ingredients ... (truly, i did not know this) main ingredient for soothing is PECTIN not menthol if throat is sore/hurts.... honey lemon w/pectin... o yes......
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 AM
A Local Legend
Grand Haven, MI U.S.A.

Hails from United States

Kor, sorry your cough lingers. Lin, I missed your stream; hope it was a success. I had a grand day yesterday with one of my painting buddies. She's also a jeweler -- I've mentioned Annie here before. Anyway, she's teaching me metalsmithing and jewelry making. A couple I've done...

Anyway, yesterday we went to a Jewelry Supply show -- wholesale stuff. It was as bad as being in an art supply store and I came home a little poorer but I have lots of supplies to put into necklaces and earrings.
"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM

Hails from United States

Helen those are wonderful well done and glad you had fun even if you bent the bank hee hee