WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Austin, Tx

Hails from United States
Re: Comments Welcome!!!

In conjunction with Westside Figures comments, I can tell you have faithfully copied the proportions of the arm from the photograph, because the arm looks "odd". The camera lens is convex and so you will notice that in uncorrected photographs there is a bit of a fish eye effect (particularly near the edges). We take photos as being representations of reality, but by using the grid method and copying the proportions faithfully, you will get some odd things.
Also there is not a lot of differentiation between the hand and the chin. From a distance this will be more evident. I would suggest removing the arm and hand altogether, or reworking the arm proportions and darkening the hand and arm shadows.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Chennai

Hails from India
Smile Re: Comments Welcome!!!

You are right bethany. It is an actress' black n white portrait. As you said, I will work on that nose..

Will surely post the new pic after touchups Geoff...

I'm eager to see ur creation 'wandatthefish'..

Thankyou Maleaco...

Sure Kevin.. Though I draw only at night after my days' work, Will surely improve and post the new one as soon as possible...

Thanks for your comment 'Westside Figures'.. I always try to get an overall development in the sketch.. But usually end up concentrating more in one location only... As u said, I had to darken more places to get the relative gradient ( also ended up erasing in some areas...). I will try to feel my work as a whole, so that I donot repeat localized working this time..

I too had that feeling in my heart SMS... Will give some more detailing.. As of now, I find it difficult to understand a sketch and imagine it how it would be in reality (I believe that it will come as time passes...)

Thanku to all of you.. my dear friends...

Kindly bear with the frequency of my replies as I have limited internet access at the moment...

I started to sketch very recently to kill time.. But actually started loving it... Initially I drew with graphite pencils, to avoid sleeping in my regular engineering classes .. I dont have any formal learning & so, you all are my teacher...

vmak...
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 AM
Chennai

Hails from India
Thumbs up Re: Comments Welcome!!!

Hi all..
I finally sat yest night for giving slight touchups near the nose.. I was able to slightly modify the shape (I feel that, going on with major change might result in smudging)... I also edited the gradient near the cheeks.. But still her hands are to be given some reshape..

Comments welcome!!

Also, I'm currently searching for a new portrait to try out ... Once selected, I will surely post it before starting.
This time I try to go for a step by step approach with me explaining my idea on how to proceed, so that the learning happens as I proceed...

vmak
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast
Eureka, California

Hails from United States

Great dramatic light!
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Chennai

Hails from India

thanku frnd!!

This is the final outcome after small touchups in her hand.. It does suits her better ...

Thanku once again to all who gave their comments...

Will come back with a new portrait soon

vmak
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Tamilnadu

Hails from India

Superb MAK
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Chennai

Hails from India

Thanku Prem...
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Chennai

Hails from India

Hi all..

This is after framing the pic... Finally..

I'm not able to take a clearer picture.... sorry...

vmak