WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Larry Seiler
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 09:51 PM
A WC! Legend
NE Wisconsin Nicolet National Forest

Hails from United States
Smile My Go To Meeting Series on Foundations- For Reasons Paintings Work...NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Got word today...the series is now available for purchasing! Yes..!

and I think quite the deal...$39...all five sessions plus my study notes and outline, but the real kicker, I sent them the dvd I made of my Last Light Impressions along the Rat River...which is about 45 minutes in length or so, and will be included in its entirety as a download. My videos I ordinarily sell are around that price...so a pretty good deal indeed me thinkx!!!

http://www.northlightshop.com/wetcan...d=wcsanl042512

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: My Go To Meeting Series on Foundations- For Reasons Paintings Work...NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Thanks Larry for an excellent series.

When is your next webinar planned?

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Re: My Go To Meeting Series on Foundations- For Reasons Paintings Work...NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
Thanks Larry for an excellent series.

When is your next webinar planned?

Doug

a couple things are in the works...having some possibilities.

We'll definitely look at another webinar on Wet media...gouache, acrylics and some watercolor...perhaps as soon as my school year is over first week of June...

But...the Artist Network University is interested in my putting some coursework together for them as well...using Blackboard...

also...something else not sure I want to get the word out too much as just yet...but, good...and unrelated. Dealing with instruction...
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
New England

Hails from United States

Purchased the series yesterday but can't download. All I get is a message saying
"error has occurred. contact store owner" sent an email but haven't heard anything back. that series was so helpful. want it for permanent reference.
anything you can do larry?
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

sorry to hear, Pat...
certainly doesn't help me either...that is, in promoting the series..ugh...that's technology!

I'll keep letting Sarah and North Light know as I hear such as your situation, Pat...hopefully very soon they work out all the bugs. thanks

If its any consolation...I did read on another forum that North Light had some server issue or something this week...and if that is the case, I'm sure they are working on it. I'll report back what I hear..

peace

Last edited by LarrySeiler : 04-27-2012 at 09:36 AM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezk
Purchased the series yesterday but can't download. All I get is a message saying
"error has occurred. contact store owner" sent an email but haven't heard anything back. that series was so helpful. want it for permanent reference.
anything you can do larry?
Larry, tried to purchase today, cannot proceed to checkout. You might check with Johannes about all the issues with his videos from NL's new website or look at the thread about videos on his WCL forum. NLs IT is struggling with the new website and customer service is overwhelmed. Johannes and Sarah are quite knowledgeable about all the issues. Hope to buy the course in the future; the sessions I was able to get into were great. Stu
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

thanks Stu...

you know...no fault to North Light really...or Sarah...but it seems here, working...living and doing webinars in the north woods of Wisconsin I have been somewhat under a techy'curse or something. I have experienced my set backs and frustrations. I guess this is just par for the course..

I'll have to resolve that this too will be fixed, thus...rather than promote my own series availability...I best keep somewhat mum about it 'til I hear more.

Again...its just one of those things, technology has its challenges, so while somewhat frustrated, I yet see we are fortunate and at the forefront pioneering a new age. We'll get it...and we'll get it right soon, I'm sure of it!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeiler
thanks Stu...

you know...no fault to North Light really...or Sarah...but it seems here, working...living and doing webinars in the north woods of Wisconsin I have been somewhat under a techy'curse or something. I have experienced my set backs and frustrations. I guess this is just par for the course..

I'll have to resolve that this too will be fixed, thus...rather than promote my own series availability...I best keep somewhat mum about it 'til I hear more.

Again...its just one of those things, technology has its challenges, so while somewhat frustrated, I yet see we are fortunate and at the forefront pioneering a new age. We'll get it...and we'll get it right soon, I'm sure of it!
Larry, good news...I contacted customer service after I posted this and quite promptly got a response from Chris Bouscio, the marketing director and found that the link was fixed allowing purchase of your course, so I will go ahead and purchase it. They are still working on the search functions on their new website that make it easier to find the course and he assured me that it was being fixed. Thanks for responding. I believe that these online courses will be the mainstay of education in the future at all levels in many disciplines. Some times if you are on the cutting edge al little of your blood gets spilled. Keep up the good work; I am looking forward to your next course. Stu
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Poughkeepsie, NY

"Some times if you are on the cutting edge al little of your blood gets spilled." HA, wonderful.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgourlayart
Larry, good news...I contacted customer service after I posted this and quite promptly got a response from Chris Bouscio, the marketing director and found that the link was fixed allowing purchase of your course, so I will go ahead and purchase it. They are still working on the search functions on their new website that make it easier to find the course and he assured me that it was being fixed. Thanks for responding. I believe that these online courses will be the mainstay of education in the future at all levels in many disciplines. Some times if you are on the cutting edge al little of your blood gets spilled. Keep up the good work; I am looking forward to your next course. Stu

Stu...

a number of folks found the "link" allowed the "purchase" as you say...the issue is if the downloading link was working. Would you let me know how that proceeds for you...thanks...

Larry
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Immortalized
Salmon Arm, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

I just received the new download links from NL and they work. I sent them and email yesterday afternoon (I think it was the third one) and got the new links this morning.

Doug
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeiler
Stu...

a number of folks found the "link" allowed the "purchase" as you say...the issue is if the downloading link was working. Would you let me know how that proceeds for you...thanks...

Larry
Larry, you were right. I got in and purchased but only with my Chrome browser and no luck with IE9. Using the links in my account, I was able to download the Notes and Lesson2, but none of the others. I have asked them to send me the correct links by Email to see if they work. They have a very buggy new website. I guess that just like painting outdoors that when you build a new website you better not forget the bugspray. Will keep you posted on this and I have directly emailed Chris Buoscio, the marketing manager. Stu
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:22 PM

Larry, I think a solution is close. The links they sent me worked perfectly and I noticed that the Email were all "http" or non-secure links and the links in my account on the NL website were "https" or secure links, I shared with Chris Buoscio that my understanding was that you cannot link from within a secure site (the NorthLightShop site is a secure site or "https") to another secure site, because all the browsers go crazy and the data heads for Mars. He indicated that I was the second person to tell them that and they were working on a fix. I hope for everyone's sake that the solution is close at hand. Your program is fabulous; I missed a lot of it in the webinar, but will be viewing it this weekend.
Stu
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 PM

Larry, everythings fixed at NL. Everyone's account has been repaired. All the links to your course will stream and download and play successfully. They did it yesterday (a weekend day). I think Sarah and Chris Buoscio had a lot to do with it. I am not sure whether they fixed their new website search engine yet to make it easier to find your course. But to ANYONE OUT THERE CONCERNED ABOUT BUYING DOWNLOADABLE VIDEO COURSES FROM NORTH LIGHT SHOP: IT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL; THEY HAVE SOLVED THEIR WEBSITE PROBLEM! Stu
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM
New England

Hails from United States

Hi Larry,
I posted a month ago that I couldn't download your foundation videos. I had sent an email to NL with no reply. In the meantime, my computer died and it took a while to buy another. Finally did and went to my NL acct to download your videos that I had paid for a month ago. Still can't. I keep getting an error message and to contact store owner. Sent an email to NL about the situation but no reply so far.
I can download Joannes videos without a problem.
Anything you can do to help? So much for NL.