WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Jackson county, Texas

Hails from United States
Ring String

I need advice on stringing material for rings please. I made one using Fireline 6lb/size D on the advice of a bead store owner, But it stretched so much I lost the ring on it's maiden voyage to town. Any help greatly appreciated. And if anyone sees a lavendar peyote base ring with lots of vines 3/4 around it let me know. Thanks
Carol
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Lord of the Arts
New Cumberland, PA

Hails from United States
Re: Ring String

I'm curious to see what responses you get to your question. I just learned peyote stitch a few weeks ago and was thinking that doing a ring might be neat. I've made single strand rings with stretch cord and E beads but you do eventually need to restring them as the stretch cord loses it's stretch if you wear it all the time and expose it to sun, soap, lotion, water, etc.

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. -Erica Jong
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Jackson county, Texas

Hails from United States

So far on some other boards everyone has said Fireline so I am making another one. I'll watch this one closer, I hope.
Carol
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Orlando

Hails from United States

See below. This post was a mistake and my apologies to the admins

Last edited by queenbeeader : 07-01-2012 at 12:05 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Orlando

Hails from United States

There is only way to prevent stretching. It is brick stitch. I know there are alot of peyote ring tutorials out there, but they don't mention that you will have to go back and reinforce the stitch about every 3-4 months (if you wear it about once-twice a week). A brick stitch is a unique stitch that looks exactly like peyote but is done a little differently. If you go on youtube and lookup auntiesbeads videos, there is this really nice lady named Karla who teaches how to do a brick stitch, by making a simple pair of earrings. Bear in mind, when you finish learning the stitch, you will have to start with a ladder stitch base for the ring, to determine the size and then you will have to use 2 beads to start the second row. If you skip that step then when you come back around using the brick stitch you will have a unwanted gap in your ring instead of the beads sitting together nicely like you want for a comfortable band. Hope that helps
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Athens,Ohio/North Florida

Hails from United States

I use Nymo, but I also use tiny beads (as small as 15o). I've never had a problem with stretching.