WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > NEW! Welcome Forum - New Users
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM
New England

Hails from United States
It Must Have Been Serendipity

Hi!

I'm new here, and I'm stopping in to say hello, and let you know a little bit about why I'm here.

I said in my title that it must have been serendipity that brought me here, because I was only googling to get some information about doing a little craft project (painting a glazed ceramic lamp), and this site came up. I'm pretty stoked about it - it looks like a place I could call home. I do lots of arts and crafts, and really don't have anyone to bounce my ideas off of, or ask for help, or share the things I do, or see what others are doing. I have put things on Etsy a few times, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm semi-retired, and a part-time college student, and I finally have time to do some of the things I've wanted to do for a long time, but didn't have the time for. I was glad to see so many categories. Quite often things like digital art, photography, quilting, etc. are not included on an "art" site - I've found I pretty much have had to go to specific sites for info. I like it that this site is so comprehensive.

I have a number of interests - photography, computer art, art quilting, and fiber arts. Years ago I did stained glass, which I actually didn't care for (it was too static for me), but I'm hoping to start doing some slumped glass. There's a great studio near me, and it's another thing I'm excited about.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you, and sharing ideas.

See you later,

Renate
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: It Must Have Been Serendipity

Welcome to WC! We’ve been waiting for you to join, Renate.
Please let us know if you need assistance with the site features.
Note:
* You can access any Forum by using the Channels Menu at the upper left OR the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen.
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’ at the top of Forum pages that are full of useful information
* * Clicking on your own username will present a drop down menu with numerous options including finding all of your own posts
* You must have a minimum of two posts prior to being able to upload an image.
**When you are reading a post inside a thread, as you are now, you will notice another blue bar just atop of the post. Look toward the right and you will see the Thread Tools option and here is where you click to see options such as choosing to subscribe for an Email update to the thread or add the thread to your favorites so you may easily find it in the future. (see more tips like this one in the FAQs link in my signature line)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

HI Renate! So glad you found us!
Welcome to Wetcanvas.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 PM
New England

Hails from United States

Thanks for the welcome! I can see there's lots to learn and lots to do here. It looks like I'm in for a good time...

I think your purple face dog is adorable. Is he perhaps a Bichon Frise? I don't know too much about dogs, but I was in the hospital a while back, and a man brought his Bichon Frise for a visit - you know, the pet therapy program that's popping up all over the place.

That dog (Marshmallow) was incredibly wiggly and cuddly, but very well behaved when given a command. I was in a room by myself and not feeling too great, and that visit just meant a lot to me. It was simply impossible to continue feeling miserable with that little bundle of joy around.

Your purple face dog reminded me of that. Thanks.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
A WC! Legend
A Californian! Coming Home Soon!

Hails from United States

Hello & Welcome. Enjoy your time at WetCanvas.

Gladys Marie "I'm somewhere...in the future...and I look much better than I look right now!" ...KIM CLEMENT
Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful!!! ...MAE WEST
*WETCANVAS MEMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD*