WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
A WC! Legend
Okeechobee, Florida

Hails from United States
Re: Quick Dry Cafe, May 2012

Great video Howard! That really is a complicated dance, very lovely.

Happy Anniversary Chammi!!

Busy painting on my little calf and reading a little each nite before bed.
quiet here, Joe up in GA, he did meet my daughter to pick up some stuff to bring home this week when he comes back home on friday.
The army packs them up on monday. Can't wait to go back and visit next weekend, to be a going away party for my daughter given by her work on saturday and Mothers day on sunday, then home again.

found out Orlando has direct flights into Anchorage!!
Hi and hugs to all!!
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Northwestern PA

Hails from United States

Good Foggy morning!
had a hell of a thunder boomer last night, complete with hail!
poor Peanut was scared,, it surprises me to realize she is afraid, since she has such a bold personality

Sometimes, life is a bowl of cherries, sometimes it's the pits.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM
60mi North of NYC

Hails from United States

Hi Everyone,

Well Maureen I had a bit of a problem with WC yesterday as well, so slow opening and then I'd get a time out..haha so finally just gave up. Your weather isn't nice either for the garden, fingers crossed we and you get a break. I usually have bought some plants to plant by now

So sorry Chammi sweetie that I missed sending big hugs to you and hubby for your anniversary but I'm sending happy wishes now and blessings for continued joy filled and happy ones to come.

Howard congrats on the windfall, I'd do the same thing haha run off to an art supply store.

Hi Kathie, Mary, Shirl, Spencer, Rick oh just beautiful thanks it's still kind of plain round here..hahaha, Purple, Ruthie never sure what to do with kids when they get antsy can't imagine having 27 out of control wish I did have and idea or two..haha, Judy, Miss Carol..hope I didn't forget anyone..oh my Raymo my man how could I ever..

I haven't been in a real chatty mood of late, some will find that hard to believe.. but it happens sometimes. We've had nothing but rain and the damp weather kind of gets me and makes me a tad grumpy as well so I keep quiet..haha Would be, like Chammi said, be so cool to meet everyone face to face. Who knows maybe someday when I win the Lottery, oh wait gotta play it to win..haha

Hope everyone has a great day, I'm going to try to get tunnel visioned on doing something artsy..haha Catch ya all later!

Hugs all round,
Elaine

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better. André Gide Forum Projects: Plant Parade projects in
Florals/Botanicals,
Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

The blood lilies are starting to bloom. I need to get more of those for the garden. They are so lovely and so colorful. It is a shame they don't last very long.

The trip to the art supply yesterday was good for the soul even though i didn't spend much. It was just good. Put some of the money into savings. Still trying to catch up from the blow to my wallet from the illness a few years back. That has been tricky since my expenses have increased so much since then.

Been busy in the studio. Walking most mornings these days. Doing an 18 min mile. Not bad for "Poor Old Howard".
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Florida

Hails from United States

Good Morning All!

I just dropped off my painting at the art museum for the show tonight. It's still warm here in Orlando, FL.

Kathie, United has flights for as low as $667 right now.

Chammi, I'd love to make it to Germany or meet you here in Orlando (home of Mickey Mouse!!). We were just in Italy and France last summer. We flew from Milan to Paris (right over the Alps). It's a beautiful part of the world!

Mary, we were in Reading, PA recently too. It was a nice change of scene and inspired my last painting.

Howard, keep at it! Soon you'll be walking that mile in 15 minutes and then 12 minutes. You have to love those Micheal's coupons! We have Hobby Lobby here too. Wonderful supply store.

Hello Elaine, and all the rest! Hope you all have a great Friday Eve (Thursday)!

-Spencer
-Spencer "Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him." -Michelangelo

#21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

A walking mile is about 20 minutes. I do not run. So a good hefty swift walk is about all anyone will get from me. I am exercising, don't want to break things.....running can be bad on my knees.

It is going to be a bit cooler here on the FL west coast today but it has been in the upper 80's and low 90's. Soon it will be AC time. Today it is supposed to be in the mid 80's F.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Dominica

120 million for " The Scream "....good Lord, looks like something a kid drew in grade school art class.

Raymo's Super Hot Damn Art-o-Rama Page
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo
120 million for " The Scream "....good Lord, looks like something a kid drew in grade school art class.

That kid's drawings are worth almost $200 million now. Don't you wish you had been into art in elementary school? Perhaps in 115 years, your paintings will bring in $$$. Who knows what the world will value then? Where's a time machine when I need one??? Where's the Doctor?...Doctor Who....LOL...
-Spencer "Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him." -Michelangelo

#24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:43 PM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

Alway wonder what the artist got for that painting when he sold it and how much others have made off of his efforts.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 AM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

Elaine, am sending a chat-chat to you today. Hug.

Raymo, I saw the painting in the Hamburg Art Gallery and it is hideous. Absolutely nightmarish - horrible colours. I realise the significance of the work in that it depicts all the horror of human indignities and cruelty. I do think that some of the prices are completely mad.
How is Merwyn doing? Does he have Spring Fever? Our little cat Lucy used to really get her hormones in a knot as Spring arrived even though she was doctored.

Howard, I wonder too, what artists received for their work when they sold them. Seems so jolly unfair. Wish I could see your blood lilies. You will have to send me a photo.

Hi Spence, Italy and France are both wonderful countries. I worked in France and I loved it there.

Chat later.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
My website: chammi-kaiser.de
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

Out on the walk this morning, I saw a neighbors orchids in their front yard but semi hidden behind a bush. They have two, a white corsage orchid with a purple throat, must be 2.5 to 3 feet in diameter and had maybe 20 flowers, but, the biggie was a purple corsage orchid that was about 4 feet across and had over 40 flowers. Just magnificent. Can't get good pictures because it is just to far away and I won't go into someones yard without permission. if it is who I think it is, she is a nurse and he is a county horticulturist.

Renewed my drivers license yesterday. That turned out to be quite the experience. They now require birth certificates, SS cards, passports, documents (bills) that show the residential address. Even with having a drivers license in this state since 1969, it made no difference. Then the process begins with 12,000 questions, and eye exam. Questions about drugs, health, reconfirm the birth date, and on and on and on. There was one really nasty supervisor (and all this time I thought they were here to serve the public, my bad). Of course she is the one I got. So they take a new photo for the card. Go to print it and the printer is down. They have destroyed my old card,so now I have no license and technically can't drive. It took nearly three hours to get out of there. I was exhausted by the time it was all done. The intimidation alone was amazing.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Dominica

They do the same thing here Howard. I dread having to renew mine. I guess it's their way of battling illegal Mexicans.

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Immortalized
Oregon Art Dork

Hails from Dominica

Chammi...Merwyn is into catching lizards right now.

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

And all along I thought it was the whole terrorist things, well teach me something new!
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Omaha, NE

Hails from United States

Kathie, Mary, Elaine, Howard, Spenser, Raymo, Chammi.

Howard, thanks for reminding me to check when I need to renew my driver's license. Mine will be due in the Fall 2013. Maybe things will change by then.

Learned something new with all the talk about Munch's "The Scream." I didn't know he had done four versions of the painting, in different media--oil, tempera and pastel. And I had always thought the figure was female. Now I find it is male. Boy does that open a can of worms. What was I thinking?