WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#121   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Birmingham, England

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: April 22 paint along - students' work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrysherman
Johannes said the April 15 paint along did not get recorded, as it was longer than was allowed. (He tried to record it and didn't find out about the length problem until after it was all over.) He then got a different kind of Livestream account, which allowed him to record on April 22.

Hi all,
What I should have said was, is there a thread for us to upload our resulting paintings from the April 15th paint along.

Regards all,

Ivor

C & C appreciated.
  #122   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Denver, CO

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graleth
Hi all,
What I should have said was, is there a thread for us to upload our resulting paintings from the April 15th paint along.

Regards all,

Ivor

Yes there is, Ivor. The title is "Maroon Bells paint along students work." (When it came time for the second paint-along, I decided using dates in the thread's title would be better than location or attempted description of the subject matter.)

"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific." --[The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner]
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --[Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien]
  #123   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Ladysmith, B.C.

Hails from Canada

Just a note to say that I loved both classes, and finally was successful at downloading the video. I apparently was successful the first time, just didn't know where it was hiding on my computer..LOL
Jo I loved the music in the background, It was just too loud but it was a good way of knowing we were on and not looking at a frozen screen..Lynn
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Switzerland

Hi nougat

The download is not complete, it is 5 hours and 9 minutes but I think I have the drawing and most of the painting.

Lynda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nougat
but Lowe..IS the download complete?? i used firefox with downloadhelper (which i use often) and it kept stopping at around the 1Gb mark and the download IS NOT complete.
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Switzerland

Sorry to hear your experience. You could purchase a small removable USB stick. They come in various sizes up to about 8 or 16 GB depending on which country you are in.

If you do purchase one, be sure to use the eject button to remove it, and don't just pull it out, because that may wipe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oCDs01-711
I guess my ignorance shows in this one! I finally downloaded the Paint Along and I'm delighted. I went to the store which had a limited selection and bought a few DVD-R thinking "Yaahoo! I'm doing OK!" When I inserted the DVD-R to copy, my computer asked--did I want 8x or 2.4x speed. Duh...I looked at my DVD and it read as best as I can interpret, 1-16x!!! What to do???!! Some I clicked on the 8x because ??...I don't know, I just did.

Then I happed to look at the video minutes. Turns out its 120 minutes. AAAAAAAAAh, who knew? I need 6 hours!!!! aaahhhh, aaaaaaah, aaaaaaa! All that for nothing. Sad news for those of us who are computer challenged.

Sorry about the ranting, but I just had to vent!

Shirley

Last edited by Lowe : 04-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.
  #126   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

or indeed an external harddrive. this would cost somewhat more than a usb stick but would also be WAY WAY bigger in capacity. and much safer and you just plug it in the usb.
  #127   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Sherbrooke, Qc.Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggiepie
Sometimes I wish there was a like button.....You did such an amazing job!
Thanks very much!
www.facebook.com/Art.by.Sonia.Palik
  #128   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Sherbrooke, Qc.Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by juraffey
Really nice!
Thanks
www.facebook.com/Art.by.Sonia.Palik
  #129   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Texas

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: April 22 paint along - students' work

I have such high regard for Mr. Johannes Vloothuis after watching some of his classes.
I am so new I do not know what colors to mix to get that cedar color on the houses in back.
Well, I have tried.
Thank you all so much as I try to post.
  #130   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Texas

Hails from United States
Thumbs up Re: April 22 paint along - students' work

I painted along with 22nd class. I tinkered a little more and will post as one.
I discovered so much and have so much to learn.
I started over and tried for a week or so, sometimes I wonder if there is a change?
I humbly post.
Thank you
Lois
Second
  #131   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Hemet, California

Hails from United States

My second attempt. Decided to change it up - still struggling to get the effect I want. Watercolor on tinted Bockingford watercolor paper. Oops, I forgot to put in the little fence going over the hill from the farthest farmhouse.
  #132   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Was not able to join in on the 22nd, but I got it done. Well maybe done? I'm still working on the water fall and rocks paintings.
  #133   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Florida

Hails from United States

I am still unsuccesful at downloading the video. Yes I have real player and I use Google Chrome Browser. I also have Windows 7 64 bit operating system. My high speed internet connection is poor!. I am so frustrated.......Dorian

I welcome constructive critiques and comments
dor
  #134   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor_
I am still unsuccesful at downloading the video. Yes I have real player and I use Google Chrome Browser. I also have Windows 7 64 bit operating system. My high speed internet connection is poor!. I am so frustrated.......Dorian
Dor, I uploaded the whole thing with Real Downloader (from RealPlayer--the freebie) and using Google Chrome to open it. It took about 5 hours, but my internet connection (AT&T UVerse) is pretty fast and my computer is hard wired, not wifi. Give it another try--if that doesn't work, I'll burn it on a DVD and send it to you; it's a good video. Not as much success with NorthLight videos, but supposedly if you buy skies and waterfalls now, they will download OK, according to Johannes and the marketing manager for F+W. Stu
  #135   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Immortalized
Hamilton, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgourlayart
Dor, I uploaded the whole thing with Real Downloader (from RealPlayer--the freebie) and using Google Chrome to open it. It took about 5 hours, but my internet connection (AT&T UVerse) is pretty fast and my computer is hard wired, not wifi. Give it another try--if that doesn't work, I'll burn it on a DVD and send it to you; it's a good video. Not as much success with NorthLight videos, but supposedly if you buy skies and waterfalls now, they will download OK, according to Johannes and the marketing manager for F+W. Stu
I am going by what the marketing director told me.