WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
chalet_dor's Avatar
chalet_dor chalet_dor is offline
Veteran Member
Florida
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 600
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgourlayart
Mr. Buoscio, what about all the customers who ordered videos with unlimited downloads over the past year? Until the last 2 courses, both .wmv and .mp4 files were placed in customer accounts for "unlimited downloads" that have all disappeared. I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files? This is kind of like telling everyone that you have fixed the new model car, but they are going to have to schedule a week to fix the old model that they bought. I do appreciate that you got somebody to fix this. Now, what is going to happen when Johannes rocks videos are released? I don't think I will rush to be the first to buy them. S. Gourlay

Thankfully, I have waited to purchase the water and sky videos. I had felt so secure when I purchased other videos believing I could re-download them. I am sick at heart. Dorian
__________________
"COLOR IS MY DAY-LONG OBSESSION, JOY, AND TORMENT." CLAUDE MONET

I welcome constructive critiques and comments
dor
Reply With Quote
  #122   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Johannes Instructor's Avatar
Johannes Instructor Johannes Instructor is offline
Immortalized
Hamilton, Ontario
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,693
 
Hails from Canada
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dor_
Thankfully, I have waited to purchase the water and sky videos. I had felt so secure when I purchased other videos believing I could re-download them. I am sick at heart. Dorian
Originally Posted by Sgourlayart
Mr. Buoscio, what about all the customers who ordered videos with unlimited downloads over the past year? Until the last 2 courses, both .wmv and .mp4 files were placed in customer accounts for "unlimited downloads" that have all disappeared. I bought the 48 videos of the "Painting Stunning Landscapes from Photographs", the 10 videos from the buildings course, 14 videos from the mountains course, 22 videos from the trees course, 10 videos from the water course and now 6 videos from the skies course (.mp4s only) and 6 videos from the waterfalls course (.mp4s only). Are you really going to send me all the links to these 116 videos? And what about the links to Johannes photo references that also came as a download in about 6 or 7 files? This is kind of like telling everyone that you have fixed the new model car, but they are going to have to schedule a week to fix the old model that they bought. I do appreciate that you got somebody to fix this. Now, what is going to happen when Johannes rocks videos are released? I don't think I will rush to be the first to buy them. S. Gourlay

What I will be doing from now on is to ask the marketing director to buy the course by putting his own credit card in, download the videos and play them. Once he confirms he can save them and play them then I notify you all they are ready. He would go thru the same process as any customer. The difference is he can get a reimbursement on the card. This way it should be full proof.
__________________
Some of my paintings:
http://improvemypaintings.com

Last edited by Johannes Instructor : 05-03-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #123   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Sgourlayart Sgourlayart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 440
 
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Johannes, creative solution! Should work. Stu
Reply With Quote
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
painter 55's Avatar
painter 55 painter 55 is offline
Senior Member
Clearwater, FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Way back last year I was having difficulty downloading, and, although everything was made available and I was eventually able to download the Painting Landscapes from Photographs to my computer I decided to go way out and purchase a unit I can store my classes on. I am not sorry that I did that. My little E Book sits there waiting for me to tap into it for classes from the past. Perhaps this is a good way to guarantee that the downloads we pay for are truly ours and are there for us in the future, in spite of the added expense. As to F&W I've never had the feeling that they were ready to be consumer friendly as to computer downloads. They must be experiencing a terrific learning curve meeting student needs. Quite a step aside from mailing out magazines and books. We are privy to some of the best art instruction ever with JV but unfortunately he is going through the pains of getting things right for his students with F&W.
__________________
happy painting
Reply With Quote
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
sparkling's Avatar
sparkling sparkling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 354
 
Hails from European Union
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

I absolutely and in each aspect agree with what Stu said.

Other than that a really big thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me to get in contact with the customer service, I received an email with a couple of links yesterday. It's not all of them, but it's a start at least

I do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

On the other hand I can access the wmv files just fine and without any problems in each of my browsers (safari, opera, firefox). And mind you I'm on a Mac! (That's the proof, the end is near! )

BTW, somebody told me that from now on the new videos are going to be released only as mp4 files, is this true? If yes, this would be really sad news for me.
__________________
Silvia ---- C&C always welcome ^-^
Reply With Quote
  #126   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Rosemarie's Avatar
Rosemarie Rosemarie is offline
Enthusiast
Sjbo, Sweden
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,774
 
Hails from Sweden
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling
I absolutely and in each aspect agree with what Stu said.

Other than that a really big thank you to everyone in this thread who helped me to get in contact with the customer service, I received an email with a couple of links yesterday. It's not all of them, but it's a start at least

I do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

On the other hand I can access the wmv files just fine and without any problems in each of my browsers (safari, opera, firefox). And mind you I'm on a Mac! (That's the proof, the end is near! )

BTW, somebody told me that from now on the new videos are going to be released only as mp4 files, is this true? If yes, this would be really sad news for me.

Sad to hear your problems. I also have a Mac and mp4 works fine most of the times. I wish I could help you. Try the Apple discussions forums https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os
__________________
Rosemarie
Reply With Quote
  #127   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
carol_lee's Avatar
carol_lee carol_lee is offline
A Local Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,612
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

From Rosemarie
Quote:
I do have another problem and I would like to know whether I am the only one: I have never been able to open the mp4 files. Neither could I open them, when the links were regularly in my account before the movement, nor can I access them now that I got the direct links via email.

I have 2 free media players on my computer that open mp4 files
The first is my default called SM player http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/ have had no problems opening all types of video formats

and the second is VLC Media Player that also reads MP4 format... just checked.. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Both programs are FREE!!!

I recently had a problem with some files that I purchased,not at F&W, and located my links from the email[thanks to googlemail]..2 yrs ago and re-downloaded... there were 2 options.... directly or through ftp....

I run a regular computer still on XP Pro... I do have a very good broad band running on cable connection not wifi...

Suggest you all check that your sound programs are configurated and plugged in correctly ... I usually listen through using ear phones..mainly because some of the webinars are at hours when everyone else is sleeping...
Had a problem with the pink plug but fixed it... think that is the microphone one...

Hope this helps !!!!

Painter55..Is your little E Book an external hard-drive... they are great!!! I recently got one for backups 500GB
__________________
Carol_Lee
Art is the achievement of stillness in the midst of chaos. (Saul Bellow)
My Journey

Last edited by carol_lee : 05-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
insley insley is offline
New Member
Bolton Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
 
Hails from Canada
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

First thing, Johannes this post has nothing to do with you as your our teacher and your great, its all F&W's side I'm directing my frustrations at.

My computer crashed losing all my painting lessons photo's from landscape and reference photo pack, my links for my so called unlimited downloads are all gone except for my last two lessons I purchased which still say they are unlimited on downloads. I emailed F&W and they replied saying I should have saved them on a flash drive not how can we help you, I've had flash drives fail before by the way. After horrible customer service they sent me the links only after demanding my purchase order numbers which I obtained from their own web site that day(don't know why they can't see what I purchased on my account). they told me I will not be able to get my purchases again after using these links even if my account has always said they are unlimited downloads. I would not be so mad if it was stated it was a one time download from the start, I would have taken extra time to make multiple backups. Things happen, computers crash like mine and things get stolen or kids get into things etc. Also wclive discount no longer works on any of the older classes I need which is no big deal to me but its another F&W boondoggle by the looks of it. They are being so anti customer friendly and I'm thinking to myself OK I want to buy the books Johannes recommends but should I after this? I'm in Canada and its much cheaper to go through amazon Canada in the end with shipping and customs factored in for all the same books for Canadians. I have my classes now but I am left with an awful aftertaste after dealing with F&w. Johannes and Kenneth are amazing art teachers, if they were not in the equation I would never give F&W another dime. I'll still buy the courses as Johannes is a giving person helping us with all these art secrets other teachers keep to themselves and deserves what living he can make from his talents, its just F&W makes it a pain at times.

Sorry about my little F&W rant just doing a little venting.

Ethan
Reply With Quote
  #129   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:35 AM
insley insley is offline
New Member
Bolton Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
 
Hails from Canada
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Finally after poorly explained by customer service after a few emails and small sarcasm at the end of one email (very good customer service training here) that my downloads will be available when I need them, they will send a link by email, but because of lack of attention in their explanations it read they are not unlimited in previous communications. F&W should be letting customers know if they will be fixing the problem with their accounts instead of giving band-aid soloutions and answers.


I'm playing catch up with these videos as I just purchased landscape photo's lesson 15-16, wclive code is rejected after accessing through improve my paintings. I still bought the course as I'm not going to sit around and waste what little time I have not learning.

As for the books I'm not giving F&W my money for them as I'm that put off, they lost me as a customer for books and they don't offer Carlson's book anymore but amazon.ca does and is cheaper for Canadians in the end anyways even with the wclive discount for art books, I work hard for my money so I'll save where I can. Unfortunately they are the only place for these video's, after Johannes is done with these courses I'll wash my hands of F&W.

Ethan
Reply With Quote
  #130   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Spenser's Avatar
Spenser Spenser is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 29
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

I just tried to purchase a video to complete the landscape course, and true, it would not accept the WCLIVE discount, says it is not valid. So I didn't go ahead with the purchase. I too am not happy that the unlimited download has been taken away, so I spent yesterday copying the recorded classes that I do have onto an external drive as well as burning to DVD. Burning them is taking a long time, but I like that I will have a disc copy as well.

You know, back in early March, I received a promotional email from NL showing a big sale on books. So I ordered one of the ones recommended by Jo. After time had passed, I called to ask if it had been shipped, and I was told it was on back order. Why advertise books that are not even available? But anyway, I am still waiting. That, and I paid a high amount for shipping to Canada! Actually, the shipping cost more than the book. Now when I want books, I buy on Ebay.

I recommend to anyone that has any of the video series to make copies. I find it interesting that the new website shows my purchased products with a 'reorder' option, but not a download option. Reorder? As in pay for something again that I already paid for? I don't think so........

Last edited by Spenser : 05-04-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #131   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
domeland domeland is offline
New Member
North Dakota
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 22
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

I have purchased quite a few downloads and I am really disappointed that they are no longer available. I was taking my time in downloading my videos as I thought, as did everyone else, that these were indefinite links. I guess we now know that nothing is indefinite. I too have emailed F&W to no avail.
I think now it would be to F&W's advantage if they would offer these videos on DVD and not downloads seeing that they are having so many problems in their ability to offer downloads. I know it would take longer to receive these videos but at least we would have something concrete in our hands that hopefully would work and for that assurance I would be willing to wait for the shipping of my item. The down side to this is the shipping would be added to the price of the item, but then again it's the peace of mind of having the video in hand for whenever we would like to view it.
Reply With Quote
  #132   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM
insley insley is offline
New Member
Bolton Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
 
Hails from Canada
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenser
I just tried to purchase a video to complete the landscape course, and true, it would not accept the WCLIVE discount, says it is not valid. So I didn't go ahead with the purchase. I too am not happy that the unlimited download has been taken away, so I spent yesterday copying the recorded classes that I do have onto an external drive as well as burning to DVD. Burning them is taking a long time, but I like that I will have a disc copy as well.

You know, back in early March, I received a promotional email from NL showing a big sale on books. So I ordered one of the ones recommended by Jo. After time had passed, I called to ask if it had been shipped, and I was told it was on back order. Why advertise books that are not even available? But anyway, I am still waiting. That, and I paid a high amount for shipping to Canada! Actually, the shipping cost more than the book. Now when I want books, I buy on Ebay.

I recommend to anyone that has any of the video series to make copies. I find it interesting that the new website shows my purchased products with a 'reorder' option, but not a download option. Reorder? As in pay for something again that I already paid for? I don't think so........

Spencer try out Amazon.ca for books, shipping is free for orders over $25 in Canada and we don't have to pay customs, they have all or more books then North Light. Out of 4 books recommended in the course total came to $30 cheaper in final price to my doorstep with Amazon then North light, the saving's right their will pay for another one or two books. does not pay in the end for Canadians to buy from F&W.

Last edited by insley : 05-04-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #133   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Artsyme's Avatar
Artsyme Artsyme is offline
Senior Member
Gilbert, Arizona
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 178
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domeland
I have purchased quite a few downloads and I am really disappointed that they are no longer available. I was taking my time in downloading my videos as I thought, as did everyone else, that these were indefinite links. I guess we now know that nothing is indefinite. I too have emailed F&W to no avail.
I think now it would be to F&W's advantage if they would offer these videos on DVD and not downloads seeing that they are having so many problems in their ability to offer downloads. I know it would take longer to receive these videos but at least we would have something concrete in our hands that hopefully would work and for that assurance I would be willing to wait for the shipping of my item. The down side to this is the shipping would be added to the price of the item, but then again it's the peace of mind of having the video in hand for whenever we would like to view it.

I think that offering DVD's is a great idea! I finally received an e-mail from customer serv.with new links to the downloads I bought but THESE LINKS STILL DO NOT WORK!!!! SO Frustrating!
__________________
Janet
Reply With Quote
  #134   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
insley insley is offline
New Member
Bolton Ontario
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
 
Hails from Canada
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domeland
I have purchased quite a few downloads and I am really disappointed that they are no longer available. I was taking my time in downloading my videos as I thought, as did everyone else, that these were indefinite links. I guess we now know that nothing is indefinite. I too have emailed F&W to no avail.
I think now it would be to F&W's advantage if they would offer these videos on DVD and not downloads seeing that they are having so many problems in their ability to offer downloads. I know it would take longer to receive these videos but at least we would have something concrete in our hands that hopefully would work and for that assurance I would be willing to wait for the shipping of my item. The down side to this is the shipping would be added to the price of the item, but then again it's the peace of mind of having the video in hand for whenever we would like to view it.

I think the downloads are fine as we can burn to dvd's or copy to external memory sticks or drives and not have the high shipping charges, but some people are not as computer literate as others and a hard copy would be beneficial to them with the shipping, both options would be nice to have.
Reply With Quote
  #135   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
painter 55's Avatar
painter 55 painter 55 is offline
Senior Member
Clearwater, FL
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 120
 
Hails from United States
Re: How Many Videos for Sale Now?

Hello again. Yes, I would think my little E Book is an external hard drive. It can sit on the desk and is the size of a small book. I have an icon on my desktop which allows me access to it if and when I plug it into the computer. On the back of it says "My Book Essential". I have a very inexpensive wireless laptop computer which has given me great service for 4 years but I was not so sure that I wanted to possibly 'fill it up' with classes so I got the E Book. I know that not everything which is generated by a Mac, i.e., emails, attachments, etc., will open on this computer and I usually have to make another request back to the sender. I hope that soon all our computer issues in getting the classes are resolved for every one of JV's students.
__________________
happy painting
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.


2014 F+W All rights reserved.