WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#181   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
Scotland

Hails from Scotland
Re: Official CP Art Exchange Thread - (SIGN UP HERE!)

I am so glad that you liked it George, it was a pleasure and a lot of fun to do for you. Totally inspired by your love of a certain colour combination.
  #182   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Rockingham, Nc

Hails from United States

Ok so will we post what we received or what we sent in the final reveal? I have finished mine and now have put it up in my studio so i can see what else needs to be done. This is really exciting!
  #183   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketmaker
Ok so will we post what we received or what we sent in the final reveal? I have finished mine and now have put it up in my studio so i can see what else needs to be done. This is really exciting!

Each artist will post the work he or she created.
That way the recipient doesn't have to get it photographed or scanned.

So to everyone, make sure you take an image of your work before you mail it off!
  #184   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

I am really impressed with how many of you have already finished and mailed your work!!! Even items mailed overseas are arriving already, which is amazing.

And those of you still working on it are making terrific progress!

I like that you are posting little updates as you go, and little teases to make us all go mad with curiousity! (Ahem...ALI!!! History, history, what historic item could she be drawing?!? I LOVE history!)

I am about 3/4 done, and like Rob, hope to push through to the finish this weekend. A little to do on the main subject, and then the foreground, and I'll be done!
I'm using some bold colors and dramatic lighting, two of my favorite things, and hopefully something Tali will appreciate. It's not huge, only 5x7", but has lots of layers. Also I'm trying a technique to get a certain texture...really hoping that works out!
  #185   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candle
I am about 3/4 done, and like Rob, hope to push through to the finish this weekend. A little to do on the main subject, and then the foreground, and I'll be done!
I'm using some bold colors and dramatic lighting, two of my favorite things, and hopefully something Tali will appreciate. It's not huge, only 5x7", but has lots of layers. Also I'm trying a technique to get a certain texture...really hoping that works out!

Oooooooh, I like bold colors and dramatic lighting! I hope you'll be done with it quickly so I could have it!!
  #186   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast
Nottinghamshire, UK

Hails from England

Well thats Ed's (Artlike) sent off. Fingers crossed he likes it. This was a new challenge for me and hopefully a little slice of England but that all the hints I'm giving out
Can't wait to hear its arrived
  #187   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast
Arizona

Hails from United States

After struggling with my subject, I decided I didn't have the right colors for what I was trying to do. SO - ordered from Dick Blick yesterday, and overnighted the order. It should be here today, with the CORRECT colors I need.
  #188   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cambridgeshire

Hails from United Kingdom

I am really sorry Candle that I am lagging behind with my artwork for you ..........BUT I can at least confirm that I am in the sketching stage to get the subject right, I have all the right references to help so it is a matter of getting my sketch right so I can transfer it and get the colour on
Stupidly I chose a subject matter I have never tackled before, so I really hope it is going to be good enough .On the plus side I am not going to use my normal method of hundreds of light layers instead there will be a few layers and then I will use more pressure -it seems to work very well for many of the artists from this forum .

I am including a little written piece too explain it and the relevance to my village, I really hope you like it and just don't say you do to be kind, I am doubting myself big time again...sheesh!

Ali
  #189   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado Rockies

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
I am really sorry Candle that I am lagging behind with my artwork for you ..........BUT I can at least confirm that I am in the sketching stage to get the subject right, I have all the right references to help so it is a matter of getting my sketch right so I can transfer it and get the colour on
Stupidly I chose a subject matter I have never tackled before, so I really hope it is going to be good enough .On the plus side I am not going to use my normal method of hundreds of light layers instead there will be a few layers and then I will use more pressure -it seems to work very well for many of the artists from this forum .

I am including a little written too explain it and the relevance to my village, I really hope you like it and just don't say you do to be kind, I am doubting myself big time again...sheesh!

Ali

You are not behind; you have over 2 weeks until the mailing date.
Oh, I get a written explanation too!?! I can tell already that this will be something to treasure! I've seen other work from you and am not at all worried that I won't like it...so you "quit yer frett'n" (translation, stop worrying about it!)

Just try to relax into the process and have some fun.
  #190   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
A WC! Legend
New Bedford, MA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
I am including a little written piece too explain it and the relevance to my village

That sounds like another hint...!
  #191   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Kathy please don't agonise over what you are doing. I know you are putting lots of effort into your piece and that is reward enough for me.
As to my picture, I think now that it is perhaps not that great but it has been posted so there's not much I can do about it now.
  #192   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Enthusiast
Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi Jayde!

Thank you for that vote of confidence. It helps ALOT!! I'm gonna give everything I've got this weekend, hopefully it will be ready to send to you next week.

Kathy
  #193   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Melbourne, Australia

Hails from Australia

Jayde
That self-doubt stuff always happens! Just ignore it - I'm sure your work will be fab.
  #194   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Texas

Hails from United States

Marie, Im very excited about receiving an original art from you.....I've seen your work ..... the talent and vision you have is enviable. I will be so proud to display it in my home. Ed
  #195   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Hails from Canada

I've had some stuff come up at work that kept me from getting started when I had originally planned to, but I'm under way now. I'm off today so hope to get most of the main subject finished, which should mean I can get the background done after work in the next few days and hopefully mail it out to DG-Studios early next week.

I love how art spans time and space - here I am in Canada working on a drawing for someone in Texas whom I've never met, using a reference photo I took in Germany more than 20 years ago. I always knew I'd do something with it some day!

Can't wait for the big reveal, this is so much fun :-)