WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 AM

Re: WIP - centaur fantasy commission

Hey Kerry, I must be losing it or I was so engrossed with the Wife's beauty that I missed the carved marble steps to her rear! You said that you worked on the foreground. HA! HA! chiron22
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Ha! Glad you caught it! I don't have anything new to show, yet. I've done some more work on it, but again it just isn't enough to show much change over the last pic, so, I'll wait until I get a bit more done. I've been having problems with my legs swelling from sitting too long on a bad chair...broke my good one... . Until I get a new chair that doesn't cut off my blood flow, I have to limit how long I sit (and work) to prevent my leg turning into a balloon, so, things may be a little slow here for awhile. 'Til later!

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 AM

Thumbs up Re: WIP - centaur fantasy commission

Dear Kerry, NO!!! And JUST when the best of the painting process was about to happen!!! LOL! Don't worry. I DO hope you find a comfortable chair that allows good blood flow to your legs to be put in your Studio space! I can wait a while. GUESS WHAT!? I will be doing a new Centaur Diorama for Summer. This time. I have needed a lying horse of a certain larger size & just found it on Ebay. The project is about 1/3 ready & was put on hold almost 2 years ago do to the lack of a proper size lying horse body. It will be a tribute to Hylonome. The Female Centaur who took her own life out of grief because her Husband/mate was killed in Battle with Humans in Ancient Greece! She will be lying in a normal every day Suning pose. Before THAT tragic day happened! She will also be painted as a Bronze Statue on a Marble base in a Park. There will be a bench, sidewalk, grass, Flower & hedge garden. It Should look pretty good as I envesion it! I hope to finish it by July. Wish me luck! Photos WILL be sent out as always! Sincerely, chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 04-26-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: name
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

OK, I think I've taken enough time off...regardless of my excuses! Here is the latest. I worked the palomino centauress mostly, but, also some details on the other two.

#65   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member
Brisbane, australia

Hails from Australia

Oh WOW

keep sharing.... looking awesome... I love the steps and foliage on the far right. Very nice. Also that yellow fabric in the front is delicious.

Great job!

Sarah
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron22
Dear Kerry, NO!!! And JUST when the best of the painting process was about to happen!!! LOL! Don't worry. I DO hope you find a comfortable chair that allows good blood flow to your legs to be put in your Studio space! I can wait a while.

No new chair yet. I'll have to make do for awhile longer, but, I promise the vacation is over!

GUESS WHAT!? I will be doing a new Centaur Diorama for Summer. This time. I have needed a lying horse of a certain larger size & just found it on Ebay. The project is about 1/3 ready & was put on hold almost 2 years ago do to the lack of a proper size lying horse body. It will be a tribute to Hylonome. The Female Centaur who took her own life out of grief because her Husband/mate was killed in Battle with Humans in Ancient Greece! She will be lying in a normal every day Suning pose. Before THAT tragic day happened! She will also be painted as a Bronze Statue on a Marble base in a Park. There will be a bench, sidewalk, grass, Flower & hedge garden. It Should look pretty good as I envesion it! I hope to finish it by July. Wish me luck! Photos WILL be sent out as always! Sincerely, chiron22

I look forward to seeing your new diorama! Sounds like it will be very nice.

Sarah, Thank you!

#67   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Dear Kerry & All, Sarah thanks for your fine words & following this unique creation! Glad you are back, Kerry! LOL! The Palominos finished coat & lower body are beautiful! (Almost the same position as my Diorama Centauress, Hylonome) Her blouse, belt, buckle & upper body look fine/finished as I see it. I guess only her arms need to be finalised. The design on the Sorcerers wristlets are COOL! The Archer protector HAS a Quiver with arrows! YAY! The Quiver strap IS wonderful with the precious stones in it! The Centaurs are fine artisins in Leather work, precious stones and many other crafts. They have aquired many handed down skills/knowledge from generations past. I was looking at the Archers left forearm coming around her waist & thought it was invisible in the past days. You have tweaked that. I love your tweaking & fine detailing in all of your paintings. I am grateful for your thouroughness in a project coming to fruition. May you continue to be Happy in what you do & folks out there Happy that you DO it! Sincerely, chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 05-01-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Question Re: WIP - centaur fantasy commission

BTW Kerry, I was wondering...What is the bluish spot on the ground below the Palomino's fore legs? Shadow? chiron22
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
BTW Kerry, I was wondering...What is the bluish spot on the ground below the Palomino's fore legs? Shadow? chiron22

Heck if I know! LOL! OK, the plan is that it will be some kind of dropped gear. Perhaps a backpack with some weopons...something along those lines, but, as of now I don't have a clear idea of what exactly it will be, yet. Glad you like the detailing so far...and yes her arms are not done yet, nor her belt buckle, and, lots of other stuff.
Sorry no updates today.

#70   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 PM

Hi Kerry, A backpack with weapons sounds good. ONLY don't block her fore legs! LOL! Your detailing is excellent as always! Sincerely, chiron22
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

OK, I think I'm calling this done...barring anything else that has to be done to it, lol! I decided the proposed backpack would just be a distraction so left it out. Chiron22, please let me know here or via email if you see anything you would like me to work more. I need a name for this...been calling it Sorceror, but, feel it could use something better than that. Any ideas? Here's the pics

#72   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

It's turned out beautiful . . . just beautiful! Thank you so much for all the updates!
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Thank you!

#74   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 AM

Dear Kerry & All, Thank you for watching & commenting, Mariposa-art! Kerry, I think the finished painting IS Wonderful! All the little things you added. The Medusa broaches, Battle slashes on the Sorcerers leather vest, the Archers arm ribbon, the longer grass etc. Color & more Color! A true Exodus! I guess you will put your name on it when you get this message. LOL! Names for it!? "The Ancient Secret" "The Secret Day" " The Secret" "Did they really exist?" "No Trace" "The Exodus" "Supposed Extinction?" "Their Savior" "The Sorcerer" "The Mystery Begins" We can figure a title later. IF you can, I would like to order a Canvas print of this latest piece & one of the 2nd Exotic Dancer, "A Dream Fulfilled" IF you need the Dancer sent to you, I can do it. Again, I am VERY Happy with your interpetation of my thoughts on this latest commission! Another Triumph for you! Sincerely, chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 05-08-2012 at 01:09 AM.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
Dear Kerry & All, Thank you for watching & commenting, Mariposa-art! Kerry, I think the finished painting IS Wonderful! All the little things you added. The Medusa broaches, Battle slashes on the Sorcerers leather vest, the Archers arm ribbon, the longer grass etc. Color & more Color! A true Exodus! Thanks!

Glad you like it!

I guess you will put your name on it when you get this message. LOL!

It's already on it, lol! In the lower right corner in lavender paint!

Names for it!? "The Ancient Secret" "The Secret Day" " The Secret" "Did they really exist?" "No Trace" "The Exodus" "Supposed Extinction?" "Their Savior" "The Sorcerer" "The Mystery Begins" We can figure a title later.

Hmmm...I like Ancient Secret, or, ancient Exodus! I'll leave the title to you...Just so long as you choose....lol! Just joking...it's your choice!

IF you can, I would like to order a Canvas print of this latest piece & one of the 2nd Exotic Dancer, "A Dream Fulfilled" IF you need the Dancer sent to you, I can do it.

Sure! I'll send this one to the printer as soon as it is dry enough. I did not have the dancer painting set up for prints, so, I will need it back. I'll let you know the costs, and, you can send it to me when you get to it.

Again, I am VERY Happy with your interpetation of my thoughts on this latest commission! Another Triumph for you! Sincerely, chiron22

Thank you, Chiron22! I think this one of my strongest compositions...a little less in this one, but, a better painting for it!