WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
A Local Legend
Brownsville TX "On the Border, By the Sea"

Hails from United States
~~~Watering Hole~~~ May, 2012

Welcome to a new month of our chat thread. So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and let's get acquainted.

Waving to all - make time to be creative!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 02:14 PM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: ~~~Watering Hole~~~ May, 2012

Wow, May 1st!

Gonna make this a quick one- we're on our way to Malibu to sign the contract selling the remainder of DH's business....

B, I felt the same way as Azure when I read about your Mom calling her daughters to be close.... didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but knowing she's okay with what is happening has to be comforting.... Prayers for you and your Mom, and for Katie too...

Linda, so sorry to hear of your DH's friend's fatal accident - how horrific. You must be busy as heck with school and all...

Azure, what's new & exciting?? My neighbor's cat has made this his home away from home... he was in our house for about an hour the other night, and now hangs out under our hummingbird bush every morning, just like Scaredy used to do.

Shirl, you feeling okay?

Kay, Doug, Ona, Jackie, JayJay and anyone I failed to mention - hope all is well in your world...

We've been in garage sale mode. I sold my dining table the other day, and putting listings on Craig's List too. We had the trash service pick up one of the box springs/mattress sets this morning - except I thought it was funny, someone took the bedframe overnight. One man's trash is another man's treasure.... We're having the garage sale this weekend, so hope I can make a couple hundred bucks from it. DH is feeling under the weather today, I hope it's just a passing thing because otherwise he's doing pretty well.

Anyway, time to fly - thinking of you all....

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
A Local Legend
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

no I'm not ok Mary Lou....Really struggling and having to deal with a UPS mess and try to chair a show this week while feeling crap. One good thing... I got ot meet Birgit O'Connor on Sunday. She is being so helpful re the lyme and is such a lovely person

(((Brenda))) and to all

sorry to hear about the accient Linda
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Yesterday afternoon my mom was moved from the hospital into a hospice facility. My mom is a wonderful lady. So wonderful that her doctor and several of the nurses at Lodi Memorial Hospital were crying when she left. Her doctor told her that when she gets to Heaven, he'd like for her to watch over him and help him to be a better doctor. My mom replied that she was so very honored that he would ask that of her.
She is comfortable in her room, has no more IVs hooked up to her collapsed veins, and is given oral doses of morphine. My sister said the room is like a nice hotel room, and the staff are absolutely wonderful! Coincidentally, the hospice case worker assigned to my mom is the same woman who was my sister's mother-in-law's case worker a few months ago.
Two chuckles I'll share (WARNING: don't have liquid in your mouth while reading). . .the first is that mom thought when she went to hospice they'd put her "to sleep." My sister told me, "Mom is going to be SOO pissed when she wakes up in the morning and they haven't put her down yet."
The second chuckle will require a little background, several years ago my mom, my two sisters and me went on a road trip to Oklahoma. While there, we were driving somewhere and out of the blue my mom says, "See that road over there, that's where your dad and I used to park so we could neck." So yesterday my mom is asking my sister what we are going to do with her and dad's ashes after we blend them (this is their wishes, as they said they were always ONE FLESH), so my sister says, "we are taking you and dad to OK and burying your ashes at your necking spot." My mom just cracked up at that! So you see, even in the grimness of impending death, there is a little humour to lighten up the days.
My mom's pain will be over soon.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

My mom passed on to her eternal home in Heaven this morning. We are happy for her and sad for ourselves.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Brenda, my thoughts are with you. It's a blessing that she is relieved of her suffering, and she will always be there in your memories.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Brenda, sorry for your loss and our thoughts will be with you. I enjoyed your stories about your mom. They did give me a chuckle.

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada

(((((((Brenda))))))))
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

(((((((Brenda)))))) Even when you know it's going to happen, it's still a shock. Feel so sad for you all.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ona
Thanks for the link linda and for the pm Shirl. I don't have a kindle though...
Ona, Amazon makes a free app so you can read on PC's and Mac's. All you have to do is download the app.

Here it is for the PC

Here it is for the Mac

There is also a free app for the iPad and the iPhone if you have one of those.

Of course, if you just don't want to, that's ok too
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Citrus Heights, CA

Hails from United States

Brenda, I am so truly very sorry for the loss of your Mother

Azure
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

B, I am so so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed hearing the stories about your Mom, she sounds like a grand lady.

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Thanks for the condolences!
Last night I slept better than I have in weeks. As sad as it is, it's a relief that my mom is no longer suffering. I used to think about her often throughout the day, and apparently throughout the night, and wonder how she was doing and if she was in pain. It's nice to know that she's no longer suffering.

I am shopping today for the ingredients for the wedding catering (well, those things I can do ahead of time). Some shopping will have to be done the day before. There was one recipe that I'd not tried before and I gave it a whirl yesterday, it needs some tweaking. I think I've worked it out and will be giving it a whirl today.

Ona,
I do hope you are feeling better

ML,
We need to email!

to all and wishing everyone a very good and creative day.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast
Colorado

Hails from United States

Good afternoon, everyone. Hope all are well.

I haven't been around much and we're leaving for a vacation tomorrow so will be in and out for the next week. I'll have Tuesday to myself and plan to work on my graphite portfolio piece and perhaps explore Cincinnati a bit.

Doug
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Canada

Thank you Shirl. I will try to download that.

to everyone. after a busy week last week and now huge medication increases this week I'm just taking it easy today.

Ona