WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
A Local Legend
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States
Re: My Cali Demo Ideas, Shoot em at me!

Naw, Lorna, I don't mind. We want to play the the other kids too. It will be so cool, after the Sunday Demo/Workshop, to hang out in the lobby.

It looks like my show in San Francisco is from June 2nd to July 8th. Not quite long enough for us to go see when we go there to see the sights on July 10th.

Diana

diana@dianalee.com I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Oh gawd, Allan's found my account and spotted the 'other' videos! I thought the settings were safer than that but then I forgot he was in 'security' and probably knows some tricks
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

I hope everyone brings a few of their other works along to share in the evenings. That's some of the most fun for me, less formal, and a chance to learn from some of those not demoing. I can't wait to see Allan's new Aussie tattoo when he get's it too. I want to start packing today.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Harold...You're staying at the same place....we might have matching tattoos before it's all over!!! Wait....You don't sleep much!!!
I plan on bringing as much as I can for show and tell I agree with ya Brother...getting to see them up close and handle them...Man....Is it July yet?

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Lord of the Arts
Central PA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbonzo
Diana, I guess that means you are charging for gatherings in your home the other nights? LOL
I am so excited to be going to California for this event. Because I am not normally involved in the artworld much, the July ISSA get together is very special to me. It's a rare opportunity to see some long time Internet friends once again, meet some new ones, see some new scenery, watch and discuss some very cool ways of having fun with our Ampersand boards and just flat enjoy being in the middle of something that is such a big part of my life. I hope to see you all there.

Very well said and I totally agree. I can't wait.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
A Local Legend
Santa Rosa, CA USA

Hails from United States

I remember hearing stories of the Impressionists gathering at a café bemoaning about how the art world doesn’t appreciate their art.
That’s us! We are at the threshold of a new art movement. I almost feel this gathering is historical. No Allan, not hysterical, historical.
Quote:
It's a rare opportunity to see some long time Internet friends once again, meet some new ones
I agree Harold, but in some cases I feel like I will finally get the chance to meet some old friends for the first time.

Diana

diana@dianalee.com I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Lee
No Allan, not hysterical, historical.

Somehow, I get the feeling that there will also be hysterics and histrionics!!! It's gonna be an inspirational blast

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

I really enjoy watching other artists scratch, draw, paint or whatever but it's something I rarely get to do. I don't know many artists locally and none that would let me sit around and learn their secrets. Ha. My best art friends all live in my computer and only take physical form at these scratchboard events. Luckily I was able to attend the first two in Indianapolis because of the hospitality and generosity of my good friend Rodman. I missed the last two, unfortunately, and am so looking forward to seeing everyone again. For anyone that hasn't attended one of these events and likes to talk art, look at art and share techniques, you are in for a treat. Maybe, just maybe, Rodman might do some magic, scratching AND slight of hand. We might have to have an adult beverage or two first though. Ha. I'm glad Rod is coming. It's going to be a good time.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

Allan, sorry, brother, I was thinking I was still on Scratchy Corner when I commented. Your demo is something I am really looking forward to. I was thinking that I was going to get to see how you do your fur and ground clutter while sitting around the room one night, when our talking and laughing just might keep the neighbors up. Now I get to watch the formal version. I guess you know however that I'm still going to keep you up late so you can teach me the finer points of those 5x7 boards you do such great work on. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Garbonzo : 05-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

I've said this before many times, but I so wish to be there. Well. I am saving madly to come next year. I really want to meet you all in person and see your beautiful work up close and personal.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

How cool would that be? I sure hope you can work that out. Heck, I sure hope I can work that out too. Lesley, I'd love to meet you in person and see one or two of those lovely scratchboards you do so amazingly, in real life.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States

Turnabout will happen at some point, Lesley - I'm betting the get-together will be held in Australia some day and then we'll all be saving like mad to get over there!!

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook