WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Florida

Hails from United States
Gdansk Poland, World Market

9” X 16” oil on board

This month at The Virtual Paintout we traveled to Gdansk Poland.
I decided to paint this street scene with the stores, the tower, and buildings in the background because it drew my eye and interest by the textures and colors throughout. I chose the store, Lokaah.p caly swait, on the left as the center of interest because of the name on the blue sign, the posters on the wall, and the fascinating arched entry way. I thought it was very interesting that this store is a world market, or in Polish, caly swait. I used Google Translate to translate the words and to hear the pronunciation.

I just updated my website by the way and I added more than 200 paintings, drawings and sculptures.

Aleada Siragusa Website

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-28-2012, 11:10 AM
WC! Guide
wynnum Brisbane Q

Hails from Australia
Re: Gdansk Poland, World Market

Love that tower center stage ... its a 3d ripper. very well done. 200 paintings eh? How
many did larry S say one had to do to work thru ones apprentice-ship in this pitcha
making? Congrats.

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Solvang,California USA

Hails from United States

Hi Aleada,
I love how you have handled the plaster of the buildings and also the light in this scene. Very nice work.
Ron
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Florida

Hails from United States

Thank you John, of course ripping is what I had in mind! Not that I've ever heard that term before, I enjoy the colloquialism. Yep I think I have heard Larry say that. What I put on my website is not nearly all my work. I have studied and created art all my long life.

Lucky me, our daughter is living with us for awhile and she created my website and just updated it for me. She also taught me to write some code so I can add information and art work myself.

Ron, thank you. It is surprising what detail you can see on Google street views and I loved the light and textures there too, I am glad I was able to convey this in paint.

This month The Virtual Paintout is going to Jerusalem, Israel. I may not get to paint there this month because we just found out we sold our house today, so I will be busy packing. I will look around at the Google street views and paint Jerusalem when I can. I want to see this holy city.

Aleada Aleada's Website